Acadsoc Honest In-depth Review: Read Before Applying?
English is a language that has become very important all over the world. Be it your social or professional life, it has become one of the biggest demands currently. Knowing its importance, several ESL platforms help to learn the English language and are gradually becoming popular. Acadsoc is one such platform that is getting very popular these days.
- Acadsoc is a platform where you will get a low pay rate and there are frequent pay cuts on it.
- But one of the benefits is that you will get a lot of bonuses for it.
- You may also get the last-time bookings on this platform.
However, you must read till the end so that you do not miss any important facts related to the Acadsoc.
What is Acadsoc?
Acadsoc is just like other China-based ESL platforms like the first leap, novastar, or ringle, which help Chinese students to learn English online. The vision of this platform is to give the best English learning experience to Chinese students. It was started in 2011 and since then it is offering 1 on 1 teaching sessions. Not only this, but they also offer their services in consultancy for studying abroad. The classes are taken in such a manner that every tutor gives engaging lessons which help the student to learn effectively.
Benefits of using Acadsoc for teaching
- You do not need to have TESOL/TEFL certification.
- The platform helps you to get a free TESOL 50 hours certification.
- There are high bonuses available on this platform.
- You can apply even if you belong to a non-native country.
Drawbacks of using Acadsoc for teaching
- The pay cuts are frequently high.
- The pay rate is relatively low just like nova kid, kyna for kids, or zebra English.
- There are many last-minute bookings due to which you may get less time to prepare.
- Currently, there are many negative reviews by past teachers.
acadsoc review – Is Acadsoc worth it?
Acadsoc was a useful platform as they hire non-native speakers as well and also you do not need ESL certifications. Over time, the increasing pay cuts and heavy penalties may not make it worth using. As the classes are booked by the students, many students book the classes even one minute before the class. This makes it difficult for you to prepare for the material to teach in the class. A great advantage that you will get is that the study material they provide is good and error-free. This is a rare scenario for other material-providing companies. If you still are not convinced about using it you can look for other short courses that can also help in getting high paying jobs.
Is Acadsoc legit?
Acadsoc is a legal platform to use. The safety policy of this platform also shows that there is no sharing of your data with another party. There are more than 10,000 tutors on this platform along with 40 million students, which shows the reliability of the company. Also, different web portals like Indeed give it a high rating of around 4, making it a top place to work at.
How much can you earn at Acadsoc?
The pay rate that you get varies with your nationality. American teachers get $12 per hour, European teachers get somewhere around $8.5 and Filipino tutors receive $2 per hour. However, the company is not so clear about the pay rates they are offering to different nationalities. The company, however, says on its official website that the teacher can earn up to $1250 per month, which is not that good if someone is looking for full-time work. This also means that as an American you need to give 26 hours per week to earn around $1250 which is tough. Though if you are a Filipino you will have to give even more hours per week to earn $1250.
The biggest benefit is that you get a lot of bonuses on this platform. If you take the class for 4 hours in a day you get a bonus of 10% if you complete 75% of your classes and 20% if you take 100% of the classes. When any new student enrolls with the platform after your trial class, then you get a bonus of $1-$6. If your referral takes up to 5 classes, then you also get a bonus of up to $20, and also if you have full attendance of 60 hours within 14 days then you again get $20 for it.
Though there are good bonuses, the penalties can be harder. Your pay rate is deducted by $15 if you come late to the class, and if you do not take up the class even for emergency leave you will be charged somewhere twice your pay rate. PayPal makes your payment on the 1st and 16th of every month.
Requirements to become a tutor on Acadsoc
- You must have fluency in English and must be at least 20 years old.
- There should be a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- A working laptop with at least 4 GB RAM.
- You must have noise-cancellation headphones and an HD camera.
- If you have an apple/IOS computer then it is mandatory to tell the interviewer.
- There should be a stable internet connection with a 3 MBPS download and 2 MBPS upload speed.
How to apply at Acadsoc?
To become Acadsoc’s tutor you need to go through the following steps-
- Just like other platforms you need to sign up on their official website. You will need to sign up by giving up your email and putting up your necessary details in it.
- Once your application is reviewed and passed, you will receive an invitation in your email, for the interview session.
- The interview will be done along with 2 – 3 different candidates, thus do prepare for the interview. You can expect questions based on your teaching skills, grammar, and vocabulary, and maybe about your personal life.
- When done with your interview you need to wait for 2-3 business days for getting the acceptance letter.
- If you will get accepted you will receive a contract. You need to sign it up and revert it to the company itself.
- After, the next step is to complete the training program. It will help you to understand what skills you need to teach the students and how it works.
- When completing the training session you will have to give a demo session. After giving a successful demo session, you will receive the TESOL certification.
- Now you can set up your profile and start teaching the students.
Acadsoc is one of the ESL companies that help Chinese students to learn English. Though whether it is worthy or not is the biggest question. Acadsoc, according to various teachers, used to be an excellent platform but due to the current pay cuts, it has lost its position in many teachers’ heads. Though there are a lot of bonuses that you get on this platform, it deducts the pay rate almost double for the class which you are not able to take due to an emergency. This practice is very uncommon in other platforms as they do not deduct double the class pay rate.