Classover Honest In-depth Review: Read Before Applying?
There are many online platforms that are helping students to learn online. Most of them help the student to learn only the English language. It means that there are very less platforms that allow you to teach different subjects. Classover, is the latest America-based startup that allows you to teach various academics as well as non-academic subjects.
- The pay rate that you will be getting is normal but to get on this platform is difficult.
- This is because only 5% of applications are accepted on this platform.
- The company will only book the class for you, thus it means that the booking rate is quite good for it.
- You will not need any certification or degree to become a tutor on this platform.
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of the teaching platform classover.
What is Classover?
Classover is a 2020 Based Edtech platform in Manhattan, New York. It is an after-school live internet enrichment program that helps students to learn various subjects. In order to support a child’s success from the age of 4 to the age of 17 and beyond, it has more than 500 state-certified instructors teaching over 20 courses. The class size is a maximum of six students in order to improve each student’s learning experience. The main goal is to make sure every child receives the best education while learning in a comfortable place.
classover review – Is Classover worth it?
Classover is a new America-based start-up that not only helps students to learn the English language but helps them in several other subjects like dazao, skimatalk, elevate k-12, tutorme, etc. Despite being a new startup, the pay rate that it offers you is relatively good. But the main problem that you may face is the application approval. As the classes are booked by the company and not the students, they do not over-hire the tutors. Therefore it only hires tutors if needed.
This application is a great help for you if you are specialized in teaching subjects other than English like KiwiCo. Although the company does not open up about the bonuses, it is sure that you can earn the bonus by referring to or performing other activities. In short, it is worth it but you must be able to pass the application process as it is hard to get selected.
Benefits of teaching at Classover
- The pay rate that you get at the start is normal.
- There are different subjects including both academics as well as non-academics.
- Bookings are done by the company itself. This means that most of the classes are booked.
- There is no commitment to minimum hours.
- You do not need to have any TESOL/TEFL certification.
Drawbacks of Teaching at Classover
- There is only 5% of application approval and it only hires through Indeed.
- You need to have a bachelor’s degree with a focus on the subject you are taking.
- Like many other online teaching platforms like acadsoc, the study material provided by this platform involves errors.
- They mainly give preference to tutors who have at least 1 year of experience.
- Many previous teachers have reported that the management system is not that efficient.
- It is one of the new startups in the market and therefore it is not as known as other platforms.
Is Classover legit?
Classover is a genuine and legal platform which is also known as Class Over Inc. Trustpilot gives it a rating of 4.7 out of 5 which is enough for trusting on this platform. This company has 3,50,000 live lesson participations. Classover has raised funding of $1.5 million in one year. This also shows the reliability as well as the legitimacy of the platform. As far as safety is concerned, the safety policy of the platform makes sure that non of your information is shared.
Courses offered on Classover
Following is the list of the courses that are offered on Classover-
- English Storytelling
- Creative Writing
- Public Speaking
- Maths and Logic
How much you can earn on Classover?
Classover gives you a pay rate of $15 for each hour. Though there are incentives for various activities performed on this platform, the company keeps them confidential. In short, there is very less information that is known about additional pay. The company pays your payment on the 10th of each month via Paypal and Zelle. There is also no information on the pay cuts (if any) by the platform.
Requirements to become an instructor on Classover
- You must be fluent in speaking English
- There is no need for a bachelor’s if you are choosing non-academic classes, however, if you are choosing academic subjects, then you will need to have a bachelor’s degree.
- You must be from the US.
- Having one year of experience is preferred.
- There should be a working laptop/computer with a stable internet speed.
- You must also have an HD web camera along with headphones having an inbuilt microphone.
How to become a tutor on Classover?
To become Classover’s tutor, you will need to follow the following process-
- You will need an Indeed account to apply on the website. To apply at this website search for a company on linked in and click on apply job option.
- When you will click on it you will be redirected to their official webpage. An application form will open.
- You need to fill out the information that is asked for on the application. Do not forget to add your resume as well to it.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will need to give a telephone or mini-interview. You can expect questions based on your teaching experience, skills, etc.
- If you pass the telephonic round, you will either need to make a video and upload it on youtube or teach a live class to a student.
- Once done, your demo and video will be reviewed by the team of company.
- If you get approved, you will receive an email with the acceptance letter and contract. Sign it and revert it to the team.
- When the whole procedure is done start taking up classes.
Classover is an America-based online tutoring platform that helps students learn various academic as well as non-academic courses. Though the starting pay rate is quiet it is difficult to analyze whether you should choose it in terms of the pay deduction or bonus. It is because the platform does not provide a lot of information on bonuses or pay deductions. Though there are a lot of positive reviews by previous teachers despite being a new start-up. Also, this is a great platform if you are interested in teaching non-academic courses as there are very less platforms where you can teach them.