eHello (eHailuo) Honest In-depth Review: Read Before Applying?
One of the biggest online income you can make is by teaching students online. There are many online platforms including ESL platforms like skimatalk, cambly, etc. One such ESL platform is Honest eHello or eHailuo.
- eHello is a company that gives online tutoring to students, especially in English.
- The average rating to it is given as 2.3 out of 4.
- Most of the teachers have given negative feedback as this platform is not giving the pay on time.
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of the eHello platform.
Honest eHello (eHailuo) review
The headquarters of ehello is in China and they have an International division in the USA. eHello consists of 75-100 teachers and around 30000 students. As the company withholds the pay of a teacher, there is no guarantee that teachers are given pay even if they got hired so you should look somewhere else.
The average rating given to ehello is 2.3 out of 4 of which 34% are their recommended friend. This rating is less due to their treatment of the teachers since China banned for-profit tutoring in 2021.
Is eHello (eHailuo) worth it?
As the company is not treating the teacher well because it is not paying the teacher on time even if they are completing their duty, most of the candidates are avoiding working in this company. Below we have discussed the benefits and the drawbacks of this platform to help you in understanding whether it is beneficial for you or not.
What are the pros and cons of eHello (eHailuo)?
Following are the pros and cons of working at this platform-
- Hello, consider both native and non-native English speakers but they should have a neutral accent in English.
- There is no need for certification of degree or diploma but they should have teaching experience.
- Here the teacher can earn a free TEFL certificate without having proper training like TutorABC or first leap.
- The teachers are given the option of whether they want to teach an adult student or a Child student and also they have the option of one-on-one classes or group classes.
- The company is coming to close down and the company has started to not give pay to the teacher who is working with them just like 31abc or verbling.
- Teachers are given low pay.
- In the interview session that is you have to give three unpaid 50-minute demo classes.
- The class is conducted 50 minutes long which creates difficulty in maintaining the student’s attention.
- The minimum work requirement is 20 hours per week.
- Teaching materials given by the company contain many grammatical errors.
What is the salary paid by eHello (eHailuo)?
The pay rate is around $10 to 18 per lesson or hour which is 50 minutes long. The pay also depends upon the experience of the teacher, the position you are working in the class, and whether the teacher is teaching an individual or a group of the class. It will also depend upon whether you are a native or a non-native speaker. The following are the amount that varies:
- The teacher who is giving the student for one-on-one lessons will earn $10.
- A teacher Who has retired can earn $10 to $12 for teaching the student for one-on-one lessons $10 to 12.
- The teacher who teaches the group classes earns $18.
What are the working hours of eHello (eHailuo)?
When we talk about the one-on-one classes which are being taught at the time between 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. each day and the group classes being taught between 1 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekdays and during the weekend it is between 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. All the lessons are conducted for a minimum of 15 minutes. The teachers who have experience and good qualifications have a booking rate of over 90%.
What are the requirements for eHello (eHailuo)?
The following are the requirements in eHello (eHailuo) which depend upon the position and the background you are applying for:
- The teacher needs to be a native speaker with a neutral accent in English. And also should be fluent in both spoken and return English.
- The age required is between 20 to 70.
- You should have a strong internet connection with at least 10 MBPS for uploading and downloading.
- A computer or a laptop with Windows 7 or higher.
- They should contain a good-quality webcam and microphone.
- Should have a phone with them so that if there is any emergency they could advise ehello supporting team.
- The teacher needs to upload a photo for the website. One should be a professional one and the other should be a casual or fun photo of themselves.
- You should be highly motivated to teach the student, patient, friendly, and energetic so that the student doesn’t feel bored.
- The teacher should enjoy meeting new people and should be passionate about teaching the student.
What is the application process for eHello (eHailuo)?
eHello hires the teacher every month around 75 to 100. For the application process the teachers who need to apply for eHello (eHailuo) online English teacher just like cafetalk. They need to submit the following information on the company’s official website.
- Full name
- Email address
- Skype ID account
- Current location
- Experience teaching online
- Self-introduction video
The company wants a teacher who has a neutral fluency in English and is a native or non-native speaker; both are accepted by the company. The company doesn’t require any diploma or degree certificate. The student groups of both adults and children are available here. The teachers have the choice of whether to teach one on one classes or group classes. The minimum hours of work required to be done per week are 20 hours.
Does eHello (eHailuo) education pay their employees well?
According to the rating given by the employees of e hello online education, the rate is 2.1 out of 5. There is more issue on the salaries of the teacher.