First Leap is an online platform that offers online teaching space for teachers and students. It was introduced in the year 2021. The company offers English training to young children. The company only has native speakers with great speaking accents. The company also required an experience certificate for teaching. one should have a degree or diploma to become a teacher on the first leap. The class size on the platform is around 2-4 students in a group. The minimum working hours for a teacher is around 16 hours a week.
- The pay that you get on this platform is quite good.
- The only problem is that they only hire native speakers.
- There is a lot of teaching slot that is available on this platform.
- You will also not get any bonuses on this platform, which may be a big drawback when compared to many other platforms.
However, you must read till the end so that you do not miss any important facts related to the first leap platform.
first leap review – Is the first leap worth it?
Just like Whales English, classing elt, and hey tutor, this is the platform on which you will be learning the English language. The pay given to the teachers is considered to be 13 to 19 Dollars per hour. Only native speakers of English Are accepted here. This certificate such as TESOL/ TEFL/ CELTA is also required in the application process. The teacher also needs to have a degree or diploma. The group of child students is present in the first leaf program. The class size of the class is from 2 to 4.
What are the First Leap Pros & Cons?
The followings are some pros and cons of the first leap:
- The company of no limits for teaching slots.
- the company provides high-quality lesson plans and teaching material.
- The company also provides a sign-up bonus to their new teachers which is around $50.
- The company also provides regular classes and high booking for their regular teachers.
- The company only enrolls teachers who have a teaching certificate, experience, and degrees, and or should be native speakers.
- There is no bonus.
- The company does not provide 1 v1 interaction between students and teachers.
- The hiring process for the company is very tough and even some applicants are hired as a substitute for their present teachers.
What is the First Leap Salary / Pay?
The company offers a pay rate that ranges from $13 to $19 that does not include a bonus. The bonus is provided to the teachers who conduct 45-minute classes full month attendance and one-time class completion. the salary raises up to $18 to $26 per hour including a bonus. The payments are made every month through direct bank transfer to the teacher’s account.
What is the First Leap Hiring Process?
Enrolling as a teacher in the first leap it’s very tough as the company has limited the number of teachers on the platform. The jobs are posted on teacher records. To apply for the job in the first leap it’s very tricky and it takes around 3 weeks to complete the process. The process consists of three phases:
Firstly you have to register and create an account on the website in which you need to fill out a form with your personal and professional information. The form includes the following information:
- date of birth
- professional picture
- the current location
- language spoken
- years of teaching
- educational background
- work experience
- teaching certificate
- subject taught
- language taught
- passport ID
- contact IDs at least two
- Job Expectations
What is the process of the First Leap Interview?
The first leap is to conduct an interview in which first you have to record a video teaching the study material provided by the company and have to send the video to the company for review just like eHallio, or NovaKid. if you are selected then there will be one online face-to-face interview via zoom call or Skype call. This call will be off for around 45 minutes during which a demo teaching class of 15 minutes will be conducted and other time will be used to interview you about your personal and professional life. there are a few questions that have been during an interview.
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why do you want to work with the first leap?
- Do you have any teaching experience?
- Why did you apply for this role?
- First leap Demo Class
How to conduct a demo class?
In order to conduct a demo class, you need to be prepared well you need to keep in mind a few things while conducting a demo class you need to maintain eye contact with the camera and explain your teaching skills by using a few steps mentioned below:
- introduce the content of the lesson in brief.
- You need to use simple language that can be understood by a student between the ages of 2 to 12 years.
- you need to engage the students by collecting their responses from the student.
- You can use things like toys, puppets & pictures to explain to the student in a better way.
- you need to keep time in mind.
What is the process of First leap Training?
The first leap training process will be conducted after you have cleared the interview. Depending upon the situation you may also need to give a mini-interview. This training process helps to identify whether you are applying to be a regular teacher or a substitute teacher. To qualify for the first leaf training process you need to qualify for their 80% booking rate. The training process will be off for around 5 days 3 hours each day.
The first leap has been rated 3.2 out of 5 by their teachers. As the First leap offers the best opportunity for their teacher to earn & have regular classes which help the teacher to sustain in the company. The First leap application process is very hard & to acquire a job as a teacher the First leap is a great opportunity & for a regular teacher.
The first leap salary rate is much better than other companies & they also provide a bonus to their teachers as a reward to them. which encourages them to give their best. The study material provided by the company is very good. As the training process is hard once you clear it, you have a great job offer than other companies present in the market. So, I will recommend joining First Leap & I will suggest the first Leap to my friends & family.