YiYi English Honest In-depth Review: Read Before Applying?
YiYi English is an online platform that Delivers English-speaking tuition online. The average pay a Tutor gets per hour is $13 and the maximum pay for a good tutor is around $21. They prefer native or non-native speakers. in order to enroll as a teacher or a Tutor degree or diploma is required. The class size on this platform is up to one person at a time. the minimum hours of teaching in a week is around 15 hours.
- The best part of this platform is that if you are a non-native speaker but have good pronunciation skills, it will hire you.
- The pay rate that you will be getting on this platform is also good but it is not fixed.
However, you must read till the end so that you do not miss any important facts related to the YiYi English platform.
YiYi English review
Just like clubz, outschool, and heytutor, YiYi is a platform where you can learn the English language. The word YiYi English refers to one-by-one English. The company started working in the year 2017 with a merger of a shoo-in group, with around 7000 teachers and around 95000 students who are of the age group between 5 to 15 years.
Is YiYi English Worth it?
This platform they have reported that no interview has been conducted on this platform or late or no demo classes have been conducted. The average rating of This platform is around 2.9 out of 5 and there are only 35% of reviews which shows that they further recommend this app to their friends. It also has been noticed that the experience of the recent students and the teacher with YiYi English is not good. Negative reviews about YiYi English have been noticed.
YiYi English Pros and Cons
The following are some pros and cons for YiYi:
- The company is able to build long-term relationships with the same students.
- As compared to other online teaching platforms the salary rate is reasonable all although there is a lack of guarantee of payment.
- The study materials are also provided to the teacher for teaching.
- The company acquires non-native speakers with near-native pronunciation.
- The eligibility criteria to enroll as a teacher are too high.
- Due to flexible hours, the teacher faces problems working 7 days a week.
- The payment process is too slow as the teacher gets their pay with some delayed process.
- No fixed percentage of pay rate has been mentioned on the website. Due to this teachers get less pay than expected just like whales english, betakid, hellokid, or eHallio.
How much does YiYi English pay?
The payment portal used by the company is PayPal. As the company has not mentioned any pe rate on the portal or website so it’s been difficult to identify the pay slap. But according to the reports, the minimum pay acquired by the teacher on this portal is about $13 per hour and a maximum of $ 21 per hour.
What is the YiYi English Application Process?
In order to enroll as a teacher in YiYi English, you need to clear three which will take around 2 weeks to complete. The three stages consist of as follows:
- You need to sign up on the website and enroll in the teacher application form and submit your personal and professional information and three recorded video responses.
- In the second stage, you need to sign up for demo lessons with YiYi English recruitment. the representative needs to demonstrate their teaching skills to the experts.
- In the third stage, you need to sign up for a YiYi English contract and complete the onboard training module.
The following are some personal and professional details needed to be submitted in the application form:
- Full name.
- Email address.
- Phone number.
- Current location.
- Year of experience.
- Cover letter.
- At present working.
After the application filling the candidate has to record Three shot videos:
- In the first video, the Candidate had to teach the student how to pronounce. “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”.
- In the second video, the Candidate has to record a video in which they are demonstrating their nonverbal hand and face signals.
- In the third video, the Candidate has to record a video on how to introduce themself to a new student.
What is the process of the YiYi English Interview / Demo Lesson?
As your application has been accepted you need to prepare for a demo class in which the staff of YiYi English act as a 5-year-old student and study material is provided to you to prepare for the demo class. This session is of around 15 minutes and you need to demonstrate your teaching skills in front of the staff. The whole process is conducted through a zoom meeting app.
YiYi English is an online platform for learning and teaching and has great student retention capabilities. And it provides the best salary as compared to other online platforms. But the payment process takes some time and due to the lack of pay rate, most of the teachers face problems with their salary structure on this platform.
Teachers also face problems with study materials provided by the company as the study material has some grammar and typing errors. As there is flexibility in time so the teachers need to work 7 days a week, due to which teachers do not get relaxation time and it also consists of minimum working hours of 15 hours a week. Due to these errors and problems, I would not recommend this company to anyone for work or learning.