HelloKid Honest In-depth Review: Read Before Applying?
There are several platforms that help you to learn the English language such as English ninjas, nova kid, etc. Each platform focuses on a specific age group of people. Some focus on adults others may focus on only kids. Hello kid is one such platform that focuses on teaching English to the kid’s age group 4-16.
- The pay rate that you will be getting on this platform is low.
- You do not need to have a bachelor’s degree to teach on this platform.
- The schedule of this platform is not fixed and the booking rate is also low.
However, you must read till the end so that you do not miss any important facts related to the Hello Kid platform.
The average rate given to the HelloKid is 2.9 out of 5 and one people of the reviews is done by their recommended friends. Some positive reviews about HelloKid are that it is a platform that is highly interactive and flexible for students and for a teacher just like Latinhire or zebra English. And a negative review about the company is that the company does not provide an incentive and if the teacher is not able to conduct the class or they are late then the payment is deducted.
Is hellokid Worth it?
We would not recommend you to use this platform as it offers a low rate to the teachers when compared to the other company. The company contract is very scripted and it is flexible in case of minimum hours of working and the penalties.
What are the pros and cons of hellokid?
The followings are some pros and cons of HelloKid:
- No compulsion to have a bachelor’s degree.
- The classes are being conducted in one to one as group classes are not preferred by the teachers. The hellokid has an interactive teaching platform just like lingoda or whales english which is good for the Teachers.
- The company offers teachers low pay, especially for native speakers.
- You have to pay extra charges in order to receive the salary.
- The booking rate in hello kid is not regular.
- The schedule of the classes is not fixed; they may be classes held on weekend hours sometimes.
- You have to work from a fixed address, they cannot travel constantly.
What is the contract of hellokid?
Mostly the HelloKid signs a contract of one year that is renewed every year until the following exceptions are met by the teachers or the company.
- If you are getting a low booking rate then you may want to leave the job.
- If the teacher faces the problem of too many attitudes.
- If the company notices that the tutor is constantly on leave.
What are the penalties and cancellation of hellokid?
Hellokid charges a number of penalties on the teacher for the following reason.
- If a Teacher gives some excuse for the cancellation of the class such as power shortage system work hospitalization the teacher needs to give at least 4-hour notice if they do not give the notice then $3 is penalized per missed class.
- For unexcused cancellations such as traffic, personal problem, or legal proceeding extra here the hellokid will be penalized $ 7 or $10.
- If a Teacher cancels the class without any reason, there will be a deduction of $15.
- If the teacher starts the class late and the class early then also the penalty of $2 is being charged for being late over 10 minutes.
- If the teacher is not able to submit the review within 24 hours of completing the class then the hello kit will not give any payment for that lesson.
What are the technical requirements for hellokid?
The candidate who wants to have a job in HelloKid needs to have the following requirements.
- They must have a fast and high-speed internet connection of at least 30 mbps for download and 3 MBPS for upload.
- a computer is needed for working with an Intel core i5 processor.
- They must have a microphone and a good-quality HD camera just like eTeacher group.
What are the requirements for hellokid?
There is no need for a bachelor’s degree for HelloKid for both native and nonspeaker applications. A candidate needs to have a TEFL certificate and a certificate showing the experience of teaching English to the student.
What is the salary or pay given to the tutor by hellokid?
HelloKid mostly paid the teacher on average $15. The native speakers are also paid approximately $15. Most of the teachers get paid between 9 to 10 per hour. Every teacher completes their job in 6 months. They can apply for a pay rise if the company except and if selected, they will get an extra $1 paid per hour. HelloKid used to pay their teachers on the 15th of the next month mostly by way of PayPal.
The candidate who is applying for hellokid needs to have a demo class for 20 minutes but while teaching regular classes they last for 25 minutes. Done between 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The tutor needs to be available for a minimum of 12 hours a week.