Wyzant Honest In-depth Review: Read Before Applying?
Online tutoring platforms are becoming popular at the current time. You can take the help of private tutors and at the same time if you are above 18 you can teach students the subject of your choice. One such platform that offers these types of services is Wyzant. It is a Chicago-based online teaching platform like Tutorgigs. But is it worth teaching on Wyzant?
- There is no need to have an educational degree to become a tutor on this platform.
- You also do not need to give any interviews. The best of using this platform is that you can set up your own cancellation policy, pay rates, and lesson duration.
- There is a 25% deduction of commission and many students are scammed on this platform.
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of the Wyzant platform.
What is Wyzant?
Wyzant just like other online tutoring platforms heytutor, starkid, tutorme, outschool, etc helps students and teachers to connect. Its headquarters are in Chicago and in 2018. It achieved its place in the top 5 rating workplaces in Indeed. The platform has more than 300 subjects and 7600 tutors in its database. Also, the full-time employees on these platforms are around 80. You can join them even if you are looking for help at the Ph.D. level. This is one of the most affordable and accessible tutoring platforms where you will get 1 on 1 session. You do not need to take any subscription plan for using it. The only time you will pay is when you use it.
Wyzant review – Is Wyzant worth it?
If you are an experienced tutor who has worked on internet marketplaces or teaches an in-demand subject distinctively, Wyzant might be worth your consideration. The company offers more independence than most other platforms. You can control things like choosing your cancellation policy. There is also no interview process which is a rare find. You can find certain scam students due to the platform’s accessibility. Although you will find the typical drawbacks of teacher marketplaces like the requirement to create your lesson plans. Wyzant may be worthwhile.
Benefits of Using Wyzant
The following are the benefits of using Wyzant-
- There is no need to have an educational degree for becoming a tutor on this platform.
- You do not need to give an interview or any demo session.
- A variety of subjects are available for you as a tutor.
- You can select your payment rate, cancellation policy, and lesson durations.
- The money will be credited to you within 5 business days.
Drawbacks of Using Wyzant
The following are the pitfalls of using Wyzant-
- Many students turn out to be scammers
- 25% commission is deducted from your earnings.
- You need your promotions to reach out to the students
- It may take a long time to get your first student.
Is Wyzant legit?
Wyzant is a legit platform to use and earn money NiceKid or iBest teacher. There are more than 7600 tutors on this platform which shows the legitimacy of the platform. The number also shows how safe the platform is. Also, the security policy of the website makes sure that no information is shared with a third party. You can always contact them as they have given the proper details via which you can contact them. Although there may be students who may scam while giving the tuition fees.
How much do you make on Wyzant?
The pay rate of taking the class is dependent on you. However, remember that whatever you earn on this platform is commission based. Around 25% of your total salary will be deducted from your total earnings. Though if you have brought a student on this platform yourself, you can keep 100% of the earnings by yourself. No deduction will be there. Most of the tutors on this platform keep their rates between US$35 – US$63 per hour. The payment is done on the 1st and 15th of each month. However, you can choose the payment option in which you will get the payment within 5 days of submitting the lesson taught.
Requirements for becoming a tutor on this platform
The following are the requirements for becoming a tutor on the platform-
- You must be at least 18 years.
- Should be from native English-speaking countries.
- You must have a valid social security number.
How to become a tutor on the platform?
To become a tutor on this platform you need to go through the following steps-
- Click on the signup page on their website. Fill out the information asked.
- The next step is to complete the application form which will come after signing up. Fill out the necessary information in the application.
- Once your application is approved you need to pass the test of your subject. Generally, it will take up to 7 to 10 business days.
- When completed you need to personalize your profile. This is what the students and parents will see when they will search for you.
How can you get students from yourself?
You can get students via three methods-
- By searching students on the Wyzant job board
- Making them available for Wyzant Instant book
- Students can search for you from the tutor Wyzant profile
- By increasing your visibility. You can increase your visibility by recording more sessions, getting high ratings from your already students, and responding to fresh students within 24 hours.
Wyzant is an online platform that helps to connect tutors and students. If you are a student you must take advantage of this platform as you do not need to take up membership like another online tutoring platform. Also if you are a tutor you can keep your pay rate according to yourself. Though you must consider the fact that 25% of your total earnings will be deducted by the company. You must also know that there are chances that you have some students who may prove to be scammers.