SplashLearn Honest In-depth Review: Read Before Applying?
SplashLearn is a company founded in 2010 under the name SplashMath. The headquarters of SplashLearn is in India having the primary market in the USA. SplashLearn is used globally by over 30 million children. As per the report in 2021, SplashLearn consists of 150 tutors or teachers making the student learn the lesson.
- You will find teachers to teach you maths in different maths activities.
- It will help you to learn maths with different activities.
- This company only hires teachers if required.
To help you know more about it, below we have discussed the full review of the Splash Learn.
Full SplashLearn review
There are many different platforms where you can find tutors for different subjects like Preply and Gostudent. But as already discussed SplashLearn, is the one that is specifically designed for maths. The average rating given to the splash learns application page is 4.2 out of 5 which consists of 86% who are recommended as their friends. As per the reviews the company treats the teachers in a good way and they don’t overhire the teachers. The teachers are free to choose the time at which they want to teach the student. Sometimes glitches occur in the application.
Is SplashLearn worth it?
SplashLearn is useful for students who want to practice math and want to learn reading skills just like schola. As they provide 1900+ math activities just as Photomath, and Mathway, that help the student to learn math easily and they also provide 2000+ reading activities. SplashLearn provides the kids with animation, sound, and game-based practices that help the student to learn by enjoying the class.
As many online platforms make the student learn and develop skills, SplashLearn makes the student learn the class by enjoying it and they don’t get bored while earning the class.
How does SplashLearn work?
SplashLearn is an online teaching platform just like Kiwico and needs the user to download zoom for delivering the class to one on one and a group of students with a maximum number of 5 students. The class for the students in pre and kindergarten teaches for 25-30 minutes and the class for the students in 1st-5th grade is conducted for 45-60 minutes. SplashLearn also provides slides to the student by the use of Google Drive. They conduct the classes digitally on zoom.
The student can learn the lesson with SplashLearn games that support the student’s independent learning. As the student chooses the course and the time to learn if they match with other students, the SplashLearn application group is the class that creates difficulty for the teachers to teach in the form of mixed ability groups. The support is provided by google hangouts and the classes are scheduled with the help of google calendar.
What is the SplashLearn salary for the tutor?
Per the advertisement given on the website of SplashLearn for a salary rate of $20-25 but in actuality, most of the tutors are given a salary of $14-21 per hour. The following is a way of paying the teacher their salary:
- The base pay for the teacher is to consider $14.
- After completing the class the teacher’s salary is added by $1 as a one-time incentive.
- After completing the course of a batch the teacher’s salary is added by $5 as a batch completion incentive.
- When the teacher receives at least 1 happy piece of feedback from the parents of the student then the teacher’s salary is added by $1 as a parent feedback incentive.
What are the pros and cons of splash learning?
- The teachers are given a bonus in pay if they meet the bonus requirements.
- If the teacher provides the referring student an incentive is given to them.
- If the teacher cancels the class no penalty is issued to them.
- The teacher has not had to go through the phase of any formal interview.
- The teacher has given positive feedback who worked before in the company
- The user should be familiar with the US common core.
- Sometimes they collaborate with the class in groups to create an issue to interact with the student.
- The teacher must be able to teach the student after school for at least 2 days a week.
What is the SplashLearn hour for teaching?
The working hour in SplashLearn is from 7 am- 7 pm and the classes are being conducted from Monday to Friday. Mostly the student uses the SplashLearn during the top holiday period or after the school period is over. An occasional cover is arranged for the students and if the teacher wants a leave they need to give 24 hours before notice.
SplashLearn consists of batches with almost 4-60 classes with are being conducted by meeting the same student at the scheduled time and every week or on the following days:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Tuesday, Thursday.
The teacher has to make sure of their availability for one of a combination of days as mentioned above. The teachers are let know that there are matches to enrollment for the class by receiving an email from the SplashLearn course coordinator. If the teacher is not able to teach the students for the required time for at least the first 2 weeks of the course then their batch request will be rejected.
The teacher can change their time for teaching the class by giving the notice without causing any penalty issue. The teacher also helps the student with any topic in which they are having problems. The student can practice the lesson and enjoy the lesson by a gaming method that makes the student enjoy the class and brings the result of the lesson or course with the student confidently solving the problem.
Is splash learn free for students?
It provides free sessions for the classrooms and teachers. when the student wants to unlock all the content of SplashLearn needs to get a premium subscription with the quarterly plan for $35.99.
How does the SplashLearn reading work for the student?
The SplashLearn provides the student with reading worksheets in which the kids read the words and easily understand the by playing with the alphabet. The process of reading helps the student to understand the word better and the words in a paragraph.