Online teaching platforms are getting popular with the changing time. ESL platforms are the ones in which you will get to learn the English language, online from various teachers. There are many ESL platforms like nicekid, savvy reading, etc and iBestTeacher is one of them.
iBestTeacher is the platform where teachers from different countries get hired to teach in online schools. You can apply on the platform even if you are a non-native speaker and without any degree. This platform will allow you if you are not having experience teaching. The pay rate that they offer is also good which makes it the best place to work at. However, the pay rate is different for each teacher and school they are working in. Further, we have discussed all the aspects of iBestTeacher platform.
iBestTeacher was incorporated in 2017 and has offices in China, the UK, and the US. They only provide training to teachers and then recruit them to various institutions. They claim that they have recruited around 10,000 teachers for various ESL jobs online or in china. They have linked various teachers to 16 Chinese online schools and over 100 domestic schools present online.
iBestTeacher has been rated 4.6 out of 5 on glassdoor, where it has been seen that 100% of the users are ready to recommend iBestTeacher further to their family & friends. According to the reports it has been seen that only 11 reviews have been recorded in 2019 and no review has been found. Further, on this platform, you can easily share all the PowerPoint presentations with the students easily so that they can learn the content.
Is iBestTeacher Worth it?
iBestTeacher accepts both native and non-native speakers. If you want to enrol as a teacher you do not require any kind of diploma or degree or any kind of experience in teaching. The class size will be 1 – 4 students at a time. The students will be 2 – 12 years old whom you are willing to teach.
The company has a minimum working hours which is 4 hours a week. You need to work for 4 hours at least a week. iBestTeacher is basically a recruiting platform that provides training to various teachers & then recruits them to various online tutoring platforms like coreenglish, Spicus or egg school.
What are the Pros and Cons of iBest teacher?
The following are some pros and cons of iBestTeacher:
- There are no barriers to enrolling in iBestTeacher.
- The company except for native and non-native speakers.
- No qualifications like a degree or diploma are required to enrol in iBestTeacher.
- No teaching experience is required.
- The company has various options if you are rejected by any school.
- There is no fixed salary rate as iBestTeacher is a recruiting platform so they have different salary rates with different schools and teachers just like SplashLearn.
- The candidate has to face two interview sessions, one with the iBestTeacher and one with the school while recruiting.
- iBestTeacher has little control over the schools that have links with them for teachers.
- They provide job surety and have a schedule fixed for at least 6 months.
What is the salary/pay given by iBestTeacher?
There is a lack of transparency about the salary rates of iBestTeacher. It will depend on the qualification, teaching skills & communication skills and how much the schools will pay you. From the reports, it has been founded that if you have experience & have good qualifications your salary slab will be between $22 – 24 per hour.
But if you have no experience and you lack qualifications your salary slab will be between $3 – 15. The payments are made on the 15th of every month. The payment method used is Alipay, & PayPal. The last contracts made by iBestTeacher are for a minimum of 12 months and the renewals depend on the performance of the teacher.
What is the iBestTeacher hiring process?
If you want to enroll in iBestTeacher you need to fill out an application form presented on the website and follow the process. The form will consist of your personal and professional information and you need to follow several stages which are as followed:
1. Register your personal details and upload your CV/resume on the website.
2. The candidate has to upload an introduction video
3. An interview will be conducted with the iBestTeacher.
4. Knowledge of the technical equipment
5. The candidate must study the recorded videos of qualified teachers to acquire teaching skills
6. Personal interview & demo classes
7. sign the contract with iBestTeacher.
8. Join the training program with iBestTeacher.
9. Performance review
10. then you will be hired and your job will start.
As on the website you need to fill in your personal information in the registration process which is as followed this personal information is required:
- Main occupation
- Current location
- Current city
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Skype ID
- Recruiting Channel
- Teach online or in china?
- Professional Photo to be uploaded
iBestTeacher is a recruiting platform where they provide training to the teacher and then they recruit them to various online schools or to china where they teach children of the age group of 2 – 12 years old offline in china. iBestTeacher has been rated the most recommended website by their user their family and friends. It has no barriers and anyone can join it with simple enrollment steps.
They provide job assurance to their teachers and also give you an opportunity to develop your skills and earn more income. The salary rate is not fixed as they are being a recruitment company so they earn through commission. They also provide flexibility in working hours to their teachers. So, at last, it is a great platform to get started with your carrier.