One of the finest and simplest ways to earn some extra money is to teach ESL online. You can work with a lot of organizations to teach English online. All you need is to have a working laptop with good quality web camera, microphone, and high-speed internet connection. One such platform is LatinHire. You can educate children or adults using LatinHire. The platform for LatinHire is pretty simple. You may have listened to it for the first time, as it is a less-known ESL platform. Thus here we will help you to know more about it and give you desired information needed.
If you are in a hurry, here are some quick takeaways on latinhire-
- On this platform, you will be teaching multiple subjects.
- You will only be selected if you are a native speaker.
- You will need to provide a residency tax certificate to become a tutor on this platform.
You must read till the end so that you do not miss any of the important facts regarding latinhire.
What is LatinHire?
LatinHire, which was established in 2006, is one of the less well-known online ESL education programs. LatinHire was created for people living in Latin America. The platform used by LatinHire is very simple. You’ll find that students only interact when they are giving answers. There are no interactive buttons, games, or gold stars. Essentially, it is just a slide display.
Since it is not an interactive platform, the students must do a lot of reading. To make sure that the students are doing their best, teachers need to incorporate ways that are entertaining. Just like other platforms, there are different shifts that you can choose from.
Is LatinHire Worth it?
LatinHire is a platform where you can teach students online from all over the world in various subjects just like sky eng, wyzant, tutor hunt, English ninjas, or classo. Another advantage is that you either need a related degree or only related certification in this field for becoming a tutor. Though if you are thinking to become a tutor, on this platform, you will get less pay rate when compared to other platforms. Also, you need to give a minimum of 16 hours on this platform.
If you are from Canada and US, this may not be a platform for you, as they are not hiring from it. There are different schedules available on this platform, though once you decided which schedule you want, you will have to stick with it only.
Benefits of being a tutor on LatinHire
- You can choose to teach multiple subjects.
- There must be either a degree or a certification to become a tutor. Both are not necessary.
- You will get all the teaching material to teach on this platform.
Drawbacks of being a tutor on LatinHire
- You need to give a commitment of 16 hours each week.
- The preference is given to native speakers.
- You need to give a residency tax certificate.
- Like other platforms, finding out students is tough.
- You will get the students by the platform itself, therefore you may even not know what you need to teach the students assigned to you.
- There are very less interactions.
- Despite the fact you can create your own schedule, you will have to follow the same schedule as created every day.
Is LatinHire legit?
LatinHire is a legit American platform that was established in 2003. Although it is one of the less known ESL platforms. But it provides you with full safety related to your data. They do not share any of your data with others. There are around 2000 international tutors on this platform. This shows how safe and reliable is this platform to use just like skimatalk.
How much you can earn on LatinHire?
How much you will earn on LatinHire will depend upon the subject you are teaching, your qualification, experience, etc. The class length of each session is around 25 minutes but the pay rate that you get is based on per hour. The minimum pay rate that the tutor gets is $7 per hour. Though once you taught 250 plus hours, you can get $13 per hour. There are a variety of ways by which you can get your salary through various payment methods including Payoneer, Wise, etc depending upon which country you belong to.
Requirements to become a tutor on LatinHire
The following are the requirements for becoming a tutor on Latinhire-
- You must have a neutral accent and be a native English speaker.
- There should be at least a basic proficiency in Portuguese or Spanish.
- You either need a TEFL certification OR a degree in any field. Students from colleges can also apply for this job role.
- You must give at least 16 hours per week.
How to become a Tutor on LatinHire?
To become a tutor on LatinHire you will have to go through the following steps-
- The first simple step is to apply on their official website. For this will have to go to their official website and select the online application form.
- You will need to give your personal information to create a profile.
- When your application is reviewed, you will get an email with an interview link.
- In the interview, you will have to record the videos of the pre-asked questions and upload them on the given link.
- Once done wait for their response.
LatinHire was developed for Latin Americans. LatinHire’s platform is pretty simple. LatinHire may be used to educate both adults and children. For becoming a tutor, you either need a relevant degree in this profession or just a related certification. However, if you’re considering becoming a tutor, this platform will pay you less than other platforms. Additionally, you must contribute to this platform for a minimum of 16 hours which may be hard for you.