NiceKid Honest In-depth Review: Read Before Applying?
Various online ESL platforms are getting popular each day. These platforms help students to learn the English language and help them to improve their communication level in English. Some of the most popular ESL platforms are VIPKids, accent advisor, eHailuo, and NiceKid.
- The Nicekid is a Chinese ESL company that provides an online teaching platform.
- NiceKid accepts both native and non-native speakers.
- Thus if you have the relevant skills and experience you can apply to this platform.
- Also working on this platform will give you supportive staff, unlike other platforms.
However, you must read till the end to get a full review of the NiceKid platform.
The NiceKid was earlier known as 98 kid in the year 2016. The company was encrypted in the year 2016 with its initial name 98kids and the name was renamed to Nicekid in the year 2018. The NiceKid has achieved 3.5 stars out of 5 teachers and users. The following are some positive and negative reviews about the NiceKid.
- The working staff of the NiceKid company is very supportive.
- The teaching platform provides the students and the teachers with supporting materials like lingoda or classover.
- The company has a low pay rate.
- NiceKid doesn’t give any bonuses to the teachers.
- The teachers have to work according to the company’s working hours.
- They also lack communication skills.
Is NiceKid Worth it?
The company mostly prefers native speakers despite saying that they hire both native and non-native speakers. The pay of non-native speakers is slightly less than that of native speakers. The company also has a limited working schedule due to which one cannot earn a full-time income on this platform. The company only admits students in the class of the age group of 2 to 12 years.
The class size is 1- 2 students at a time. To become a tutor no degree or diploma is required. The minimum working hours for a NiceKid is around 8 to 12 hours per week. The company wants a minimum working of 4 days or 8 hours a week and a maximum working of 12 hours or 6 days a week.
What are some NiceKid pros and Cons?
The following are some pros and cons of a NiceKid:
- The company has a Limited pay rate for non-native speakers.
- No degree, diploma, or experience certificate is required to become a teacher for a NiceKid just like LatinHire, konnekt kid, spicus, etc.
- The company welcomes both native and non-native speakers.
- The company also provides prepared materials and teaching plans to students and teachers.
- The company offers fixed and inflexible class schedules.
- The company finds it difficult to find incentives payouts
- The company provides a low pay rate for native speakers.
- The company has provided Limited working hours due to which it cannot become a full-time income source.
What are the general NiceKid requirements?
To enroll as a teacher in a NiceKid you need to fulfill the following requirements which are as followed:
- You should have good speaking skills just like skooli or varsity.
- The teacher should have teaching experience to get priority.
- Able to communicate with the working schedule.
- He or she should have a PayPal or chat account.
What is a NiceKid application process?
In order to apply as a NiceKid, you need to face five stages which include:
- You need to register on the NiceKid website.
- Then you will face an interview of 10 minutes which will be conducted by a NiceKid.
- After that, you will demonstrate a demo class to the NiceKid executives.
- After that you will receive an offer letter from the company and training will be carried out.
- Then you need to clear a one-month trial period.
In that registration form which is present on the website you need to submit some personal and professional information few are mentioned below:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Country code and phone number
- Skype ID
- The professional photograph will be uploaded to the website
- Resume or CV to be uploaded on the website.
What is the process of a Nicekid interview?
Once your application is approved you will be selected for the next round which is an interview. The interview will be off around 10 minutes during which your past performance, teaching experience, educational and professional background, and schedule availability will be discussed.
After your interview is cleared a demo class will be conducted for you to demonstrate your teaching skills. If you are selected you will receive an offer letter from the company and a training program will be arranged for you. Then you will be hired on a monthly trial basis.
The candidates who want to apply to NiceKid don’t need any diploma or degree. The pay provided to the teacher is about $9-13 per hour. the native speaker and non-native speakers both are being accepted in the company. the minimum working hour the teacher has to work is for 4 days i.e 8 hours in a week and the maximum working hours the teacher has to work in NiceKid is for 6 days i.e 12 hours.
What is a NiceKid salary or pay to the teacher?
the company pays its teachers between $9 to $13 per hour but due to the covid-19 pandemic, the company has reduced the amount.
Is NiceKid legit?
The average rating stars given to NiceKid are 3.5 out of 5.