Engoo Honest In-depth Review: Read Before Applying?
There are a lot of online teaching platforms that are present on the internet. You can either learn a specific subject or a mix of subjects or languages. Platforms that only focus on subject like the English language is known as ESL platforms. There are several platforms like schola, yiyi eng, cleverkid, etc. One such platform that allows you to learn the English language is Engoo.
- Engoo is the platform that allows you to teach the English language to students.
- The best part of teaching on this platform is that you do not require any kind of experience or a degree to teach on this platform.
- As the teachers here do not have much experience, they may offer you low pay depending on your experience.
However, you must read till the end so that you do not miss any important facts related to Engoo.
Engoo is a company that is based in the Philippines. The company was founded in 2013 and was previously known as Bibo. According to the company they say that they are the number 1 English teaching language company in japan and stand at 3 in Taiwan and South Korea.
Till now Engoo has over 6000 teachers hired from different countries. The average rating given to the Engoo page is about 3.2 out of 5 of which 60% is given by their recommended friends. Further, we have discussed the benefits and drawbacks of Engoo.
Is Engoo Worth it?
For a teacher who has good qualifications from them, the Engoo is worth it as if teachers don’t have good qualifications they have to deal with low pay rates. as the incentives for them don’t provide much boost in their salary.
What are the pros and cons of engoo?
The following are some pros and cons of Engoo:
- For the candidate who wants the job as a tutor, it is not mandatory to have experience in teaching or any qualifications.
- The Engoo will provide you with all the study material for the lesson by themselves.
- You are free to choose the hour of work according to your need which creates balance in life.
- Teachers who don’t have good qualifications have to deal with low pay rates and there are no rises in the salary other than an incentive given to them which is based on their work.
- The Engoo charges the teachers if they cancel the class without notifying them in time.
- No system is developed for the student who gives unfair ratings to the teacher or the company just like hallo english.
- The teacher who is new to the company and the student will take time to make the booking of the class.
What is the pay given by engoo?
The average pay earned by the teacher is $10 per hour but when we talk about non-native speakers they earn about $ 2.4 per hour. And the amount will remain the same for the duration of the time the candidate works in the company. You will be paid twice a month. The following is the way to show the cut-off periods:
- If the cut-off period is between the 6th-20th of the month then the teacher will get the payment on the last day of the month.
- If the cut-off period is from the 21st of the month to the 5th of next month then the payment will be done on the 15th of the next month.
What is the incentive or bonuses of engoo?
The incentive given to the teacher depends on the nationality of the person whether the person is Filipino or from another nationality. If the teacher is a Filipino then they can receive a 500php bonus point if they complete 100 lessons that too before the last date of the pay. They also get 500php if the teacher hasn’t canceled any class as a cancelations bonus with competing long 100 lessons. But the other national teacher needs to conduct 160 lessons to get the lesson incentive.
What is the requirement of engoo?
The following are some general requirements the candidate needs for the application process:
- The candidate needs to be 18 years old or above.
- They should have proficiency in English speaking just like SplashLearn, corenglish, etc.
- Need to have a computer or laptop with a high-quality camera and microphone.
- Need to have a high internet speed connection.
What is the process of hiring in engoo?
In the case of hiring Engoo to accept both native and non-native speakers both. But the non-native speaker does get a low rate of pay and should have good English language skills they are asked to show a certificate of proficiency during the process interview. No need for any specific qualification or TEFL certificate or bachelor’s degree to apply in Engoo.
What is the cancellation penalty of engoo?
If the teacher is international and cancels the class by grieving a notice have to pay $0.6 for every class that is being canceled by them. If the canceled class is 4% of the total class they have to pay a penalty of $1.8. But if the Filipino teacher cancels the class after giving the notice the penalty is 200 PHP per class.
As the company doesn’t need any qualifications for hiring. The company provides tutoring for children to adult students. the teacher is free to work in Engoo and does ask for minimum peak hours of work. The company also provides the teachers with incentives that are given to them at the end of the month.