There are various online ESL tutoring platforms, which you can use to teach. Teaching online on ESL platforms is one of the best ways to earn money. During covid 19, it became one of the most common methods for teachers to earn. If you also want to know one of such platforms you are on the right page. Further, we will help you to know about a well-known ESL platform known as StarKid and you can find out if it is worth it for you or not.
- To become a tutor you should be legal to work in the USA, UK, and Canada, and also you need to be available regularly.
- The pay rate that you get on this platform is quite normal like other ESL platforms.
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of the Starkid platform.
What is StarKid?
StarKid is just like other online tutoring platforms like craving English, landi, protostar, UUABC, tutlo, etc which primarily focuses on kids who are between the age of 4-12 years. This is a small hong kong based organization that was started in 2019. It allows you to teach the students the English language, in a more fun and attractive manner. You need to take classes of 30 minutes with each student or a live one-on-one class with the students. Although there are not many teachers at present there is a rapid increase in the number of teachers each year.
Starkid English review – Is StarKid worth it?
StarKid is a 2019 startup, which is getting more popular day by day. The platform pays you a high pay rate as compared to other platforms. There are also high chances of getting bonuses. The company also gives surety that there is at least 80% off booking of free slots. It represents that you get students almost regularly. As far as students are concerned, there is no strict cancellation policy.
Benefits of using StarKid to teach
- You get a higher pay rate than other ESL tutoring platforms.
- The bookings of the classroom are done by the company itself.
- There is a straightforward selection process for the company.
- You give a paid trial to the students.
- The support company is also cooperative.
- No high fine cancellation policy
Drawbacks of using StarKid to teach
- You need to be available regularly.
- Although the selection process is simple, it might be competitive.
- You must have teaching experience and should be legal to work in USA, UK, and Canada.
- The material that you get may have spelling errors.
Is StarKid legit?
StarKid is a legal platform that works with the endorsement of Cyberport. Cyberport is owned by the Hong Kong SAR Government. This shows the legitimacy and safety of StarKid. The company is also endorsed by KPMG. Also, the safety policy of the company makes sure that the data you enter is secure and is not shared with anyone. It helps connect the students to you through the zoom meeting app.
How much can you earn at StarKid?
The pay rate that you get at StarKid is higher than the other platforms. They give you $10 for a half hr class. This means that you get $20 for each hour, which is much better than other platforms. There are also chances of getting incentives along with it. If there is no problem while joining and you are on time, you get $1 per class extra. When your first five students become your regular students, there is a hike of $0.50 in your pay rate.
The biggest advantage is that you still get money if the student does not come to the class. You will get the full amount if it is a regular class, and a half if it is a trial class. With everything counted, if you are teaching 120 hours per month, you can earn around $3000 per month. You get your earnings by Wise on the 14 of every month. However, you can use Paypal to get your earnings but it has some higher charges.
Requirements to become a tutor at StarKid
Following are the requirements for becoming a tutor at Starkid-
- You should be legally able to work in UK, USA, and Canada.
- You must be a native speaker with a British accent
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- There must be an ESL certification including TES0L/TEFL.
- You must have teaching experience.
- There should be a working laptop/computer and a high-quality web camera and mic. There should be high internet speed quality.
How to become a tutor at StarKid?
To become a tutor at StarKid, you need to follow the following steps-
- You need to fill up the form on their official website just like open english. Fill out the details in the application form. You will also need to give a short introduction video.
- However, instead of filling out the form, you can directly email them your resume as well as your recorded video and proof of your certification.
- You must remember that applicants who have more than 3 years of experience, get prioritized among others. This is because they need to make sure that every teacher gets students. Therefore, you may be on the waiting list for months.
- If you are selected you will get an email invitation for a Zoom meeting . Your interview will take place via Zoom. It will last for less than 30 minutes. In the interview, you will need to discuss your teaching experience, certifications, your degree, etc.
- When you clear the interview, you need to go through the training session. In it, you will be teaching some imaginary kids.
- When you are done with the training, you can start creating your classroom. You will need to set up your profile and start taking up classes.
StarKid is a HongKong based ESL platform that allows you to teach online. It is a platform that pays you higher than the other ESL platforms. Although to get onboard on this platform is tough. They prefer candidates who have more than 3 years’ of experience. It is because the company gives surety of booking of 80% of classes.
Due to this, they have to hire according to the student’s demands. Also, you get paid for taking up a trial class. Once 5 students of your trial class get converted into your regular class, you get an appraisal in your pay rate. Also if you are on time without any issues, you get an incentive. It is very rare on other ESL platforms.