Every person from their childhood is worried about what they will become in the future. There are a lot of careers that you can get into. But which one is perfect for you is a tough choice. There are several different careers in the medical field as well. Thus you need to do a career comparison and decide which profession is for you.
- There are generally two types of careers – medical and non-medical.
- When you think of getting into the medical field, you can think of taking different professions like a midwife, cardiologist, vet, etc.
- On the other hand, if we talk about non-medical careers, it could be accountants, pilots, teachers, etc.
- Thus to know which is for you, you must do a proper comparison based on different aspects.
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of different careers.
What are the different medical careers?
When you hear the term medical, you may think of becoming a doctor. You start doing research like how many years you need to become a doctor, what are the different professions, etc. But the medical field not only includes different doctors but different kinds of nurses as well. Thus further we have discussed all the different medical professions that you can think of becoming-
Every pregnant woman needs to have special care in terms of labor pain, delivery, etc. As a midwife, you will be responsible for taking care of during the full journey, labor, and delivery. A midwife is just like a nurse that could help you with women that are pregnant. In some cases, you may also take care of the child born. However, you must remember that to become a midwife you will need to get certified. Interested in knowing how to become one of them? Further, we have discussed the procedure for becoming a certified midwife.
How to become a certified midwife?
Following are the steps that you need to follow to become a certified midwife–
- To get into any good profession you need to have a bachelor’s degree. So if you have not yet pursued your bachelor’s degree, you must get into it. Make sure that the institution you are getting into is recognized by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- After the degree, you need to clear NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination) to become a registered nurse (RN). In this exam, you will need to give the answers based on the various problems.
- After receiving your RN exam you will need to work for at least 1 year.
- The next step is to get into programs that are Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education.
After completing the program all you need is to apply for your certification. There are three types of certifications-
- Certified Nurse-midwives (CNMs) – It is for registered nurses and you can work in all of the states of the country.
- Certified Midwives (CM) – It is for non-registered nurses. This certificate is given to you when you complete the accredited midwifery program and you may not be able to work in all the states of the country.
- Certified professional midwives (CPMs) – It is again given to non-registered nurses who have clinical childbirth experience. Again with this certification, you will not be able to practice in all the states of the country.
Following are the skills that you need to have to become a certified nurse-
- As you have to deal with the labor pain of the women you will need to have good patience with labor.
- Pregnancy is the time in which a woman has high emotions. You must be highly emotional and have caring nature.
- Labor is considered to be the most painful thing in the world. Thus you must be strong enough to deal with it.
- You may also need to maintain various documents related to the pregnancy. Thus you must be highly organized.
As a midwife, you will need to perform various duties-
- Take care of pregnant women.
- You will need to maintain the follow-up checks for pregnant women.
- Give support to the women during their labour and other things.
- In some cases identifying high-risk pregnancies is.
- Teaching new mothers how to feed their children.
2. Behavioral therapist
The behavioural therapist is just like a psychologist. As a behavioural therapist, you will need to take care of the people who are having mental health issues like depression. You will have to understand the problem of the patient and take care of the people through your therapies, treatments, strategies, and other techniques. Furthermore, you have to make sure that they are changing their lifestyle.
How to become a behavioural therapist?
Below are the steps to becoming a behavioural therapist-
- The first step is to gain your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the field related to psychology, counselling, etc.
- Try getting some internships during your Master’s degree program.
- You may also try to get various related certifications as it will help to deepen your knowledge.
- The next step is to get the related license. How will you get your license will vary on which state you want to work in?
- As you have to listen to the problem your patient is facing you must have good listening skills.
- You must be able to communicate the treatment plan to your patients properly.
- Your job is to observe the behavior of your patient. Thus having observation skills is very important.
- There must be interpersonal skills in you.
- You must have friendly nature so that your patient can talk to you without any fear.
You will need to perform various duties as Behavioral therapists –
- You will need to take care of patients who are facing mental health issues.
- Try to find out what is wrong with their behavior.
- You should try to change their day-to-day behavior habits.
- Update them with regular treatment plans and will have to take follow-ups.
- Give them proper information about the problem they are facing.
As an orthodontist, you will need to take care of some of the dental irregularities. You will need to take care of the misaligned teeth and jaw issues and will have to remove the bacterial infection from the teeth. You will have to give the treatment plan to your patients related to their teeth problems.
How to become an Orthodontist?
Further, we have discussed the steps of becoming an orthodontist-
- The first step is to get your bachelor’s degree in science subjects like biology, chemistry, and physics.
- When you will be in your undergraduate degree, you will need to take your dental admission test. You will be given the tests in different subjects like chemistry, biology, and organic chemistry and it is issued by the American Dental Association.
- The next step is to apply to the dental college. You will have to give your 4 years in your dental college.
- In your final year, you will need to get into an Orthodontist residency. To get into this program you will need to have clear the National Board Dental Examination(NBDE).
- After completing the residency program you will get the license to work as Orthodontist.
- As you will be responsible for treating the patient you must be an active listener so that you could understand what exact problem they are facing.
- You need to introduce the treatment plans to the patients and thus should have good communication skills.
- You must also have critical thinking abilities so that you could easily help your patients with their problems.
- As an Orthodontist, you will need to manage the records of your patients and thus you should have proper time management and organizational skills.
As an orthodontist, you will need to perform various duties-
- You need to take care of the patient’s teeth or jaw problems.
- Preparing various treatment plans for the patient.
- As you will be working with various dental appliances, you need to know how to adjust the dental appliances.
- Analyzing the X-ray of the patients.
- Keeping the track of the treatment of various patients.
If you are a person who loves to give skincare or makeup tips to people then this profession is idly for you. Esthetician is a profession in which a person will gives advice to treat skin problems. As this field has various aspects like cleansing, toning, moisturizing, etc, you can work in different areas like salons, hospitals, spas, etc. Want to become one of them but don’t know how to become one? Don’t worry we have further discussed it.
How to become an esthetician?
To become an esthetician you need to follow to give it steps-
- You need to pursue a bachelor’s degree. However, it is not compulsory as you may also take esthetician courses which will help you to become an esthetician.
- Find out the right place to get your esthetician course. You may also try getting into various esthetician schools.
- Chode the right course for you. You can select your course based on various factors like tuition fees, duration of the course, etc.
- Try getting an internship in a related field. And after sometimes start paying for a full-time job in various spas, salons, etc.
- As you may have to deal with various clients you must have good time management skills.
- Giving good customer service will help you to attract regular customers. They for you must try developing customer service skills.
- As you will have to provide various treatment plans to the customers we need to have communication skills to give them clear guidance.
- A single disease may have more than one treatment option. Thus you must have critical thinking ability to choose the right treatment option for the patients.
As an esthetician, you will need to perform various duties-
- Doing facials of your clients and making their minds relax.
- Analyzing the texture of the client’s skin and choosing the right facial treatment for them.
- You may also need to treat acne stretch marks for any other body-rated problems.
- Removing unwanted hairs from various body parts.
- Performing various techniques of doing permanent makeup on the client.
PRN is the nurses that worked in the hospital at the time when they are needed. They will not be getting a regular schedule and are mostly there when the staff is off. PRN will be replacing the staff for a short duration. You will be working in the field of the like hospital, clinics, agencies, etc. It is just like a part-time job as you will be getting calls when there is a vacancy.
How to become a PRN?
Following are the steps that you need to follow to become a PRN-
- The first thing that you need to do is to get a bachelor’s degree. You may also need to get your master’s degree. If you don’t want to do your bachelor’s degree you can earn a nursing diploma.
- You can try getting experience by finding some internship in a related field.
- The license you get will depend upon the type of nursing you will be doing well.
- To become a PRN you need to have National Certification Licensure Exam. However, you need to work as an RN for at least one year to get the position of PRN.
- After that, you will start getting various opportunities to work as PRN in hospitals or clinics. Choose the right opportunity for yourself.
- As you will be working in a part-time job you will need to have a lot of patience level.
- You may need to give various services like providing support to the patients and thus have good customer service.
- There will be times when your patient will be dealing with emotional situations and therefore you must be full of empathy.
- You will be working on a different schedule. They are you must have good time management skills and must be flexible nature.
- You must have good critical thinking skills as you need to identify what is the disease based on the symptoms patients are facing.
As a PRN you will need to perform various duties-
- You will need to create various care plans for the patients.
- As a PRN nurse, you will be assisting doctors by doing minor procedures.
- You may also be responsible for teaching nursing students.
- Other important roles that you would be playing are by maintaining and updating the medical records of various patients.
- Need to perform and assist various treatment plans.
- You will need to organize everything for the emergency care services.
6. Fertility/IVF nurse
There are many parents who are unable to become parents and think of becoming foster parents. Fertility nurse is the profession in which one helps with the fertility treatment of a patient who wants to become a parent. You will be performing two different roles – assistant to the physician and guiding the patients. You may also help to find an egg donor in some of the conditions. There are various places where you can work like hospitals, counseling programs, reproductive clinics, etc.
How to become a fertility nurse?
Further, we have discussed how to become a fertility nurse –
- To become a fertility nurse you need to have a 4-year bachelor’s degree (BSN) or 2-year associate degree(ASN).
- In the next stage, you will need to pass the NCLEX-RN (National council licensure examination for registered nurses). When you pass the exam you can become an RN.
- You will need to work with the labor of the women and may work for the postpartum unit before applying for fertility nurse.
- Finally, to work legally you can earn certifications including patient obstetric nursing (RNC-OB), maternal newborn nursing(RNC-MNN), or neonatal obstetric nursing(RNC-NIC).
- As a fertility nurse, you will have to take care of women facing a lot of emotional problems. Thus, you will need to have a great level of patience level.
- You will have a high level of organizational skills as you have to take care of various records of your patients.
- As you will have to perform different tasks, you need to have multi-tasking skills.
- You will need to have a great level of patience as a fertility nurse as you need to work for them.
Following are some of the roles that a fertility nurse may play:
- Patients with the condition of infertility are cared for by the fertility nurse.
- You will also assist female patients with menopausal issues.
- Assists in educating patients’ loved ones about fertility through counseling.
- Working with the researcher on the newest reproductive technology is possible.
- Educating the couple and donors during the entire reproductive procedure helps them comprehend the specifics step-by-step.
- Help the patient understand the procedure’s steps and all the terms used to describe fertility.
A psychologist is a qualified mental health professional who teaches how to deal with problems in a healthy way. You may consult with patients in their private offices or other settings, such as nursing homes, schools, hospitals, etc. You will help them overcome difficult circumstances including losing a loved one, anxiety, etc.
How to become a Psychologist?
To become a Psychologist you need to follow the given steps-
- First, you will need to take your bachelor’s degree. Try to take up a degree in social work, sociology, or psychology, as your major subject.
- Go to graduate school after getting your bachelor’s degree. You will need to complete your Master’s degree for getting the license.
- Before getting the license you need to gain the required experience. You will need to have 1500-2000 hours of experience to gain the license.
- Now apply for the license to work legally in your area. This exam is accredited by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPB).
- As you have to listen to the problems, you must have good listening skills.
- You must be able to communicate the treatment plan to your patients properly. Thus you should have communication skills
- As your job is to observe the behavior of your patient, you must have observation skills.
- There must be interpersonal skills in you.
- You must have friendly nature so that your patient can talk to you without any fear.
Further, we have discussed the role and responsibilities of the psychologist-
- Treating the various mental and emotional problems related to the people.
- You will need to take care of the referral services outside of the therapist.
- You need to participate in the off-hours call rotation.
Radiologists are medical doctors who use medical imaging procedures such as X-ray, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), etc. They are experts in interpreting diagnostic images for the doctor. As a radiologist, you will need to know how to use all these machines for assisting the doctors.
How to become a radiologist?
To become a radiologist you need to follow the given steps-
- To become a radiologist, one needs to earn a medical bachelor’s degree after passing 12th.
- MCAT test has to be given for application to medical college. You can take admitted to medical school only after clearing the medical School test.
- You must complete medical school and focus on medicine after being accepted into a medical school allopathic or osteopathic.
- A radiology residency program takes a maximum of 4 to 5 years to complete. During this, you should have internship experience as a Radiologist.
- Excellent technical skills are required to operate different types of radiological equipment like CT scanners, X-ray machines, and MRI scanners.
- Radiologists should have communication and interpretation skills to guide the doctors about the results.
- You must use various medical imaging techniques like X-rays and CT scans to aid in the diagnosis and treatment process of patients and cure their health.
- The job of a radiologist is to identify the disease of a sick person and cure that disease.
9. Counselor for teenagers
Teen counseling is a type of therapy that focuses on the emotional and mental well-being of young adults. They are around 13 to 19 years old. No matter what the problem is for the youth, this type of counseling helps young adults develop coping skills. Further, we have discussed how to become one.
How to become a counselor for teenagers?
To become a Counselor for Teenagers you need to follow the given steps–
- A psychology educational qualification is required to become a counselor.
- You must have the experience to get licensed. You will need 3000 hours of clinical practice to become an LCSW.
- There are two types of Counselor Teenagers licenses, provisional and state licenses. You have to complete the required hours to get a provisional license then you will get this license.
- You must pass the state licensure exam boards and the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination to become state licensed.
- For counselors for Teenagers, first of all, deep Listening is required. Because if the child has any kind of problem, then know that problem, and listen carefully, only then will you be able to understand that problem and solve it.
- As you have to solve the problem of a teenager you must have good problem-solving skills.
- After that, a Teenagers Counselor should ask Skillful Questions so that he can tell the whole thing.
- Teens Counselors must solve the problem of their patients by talking to them.
- You need to create plans for various treatments.
- Give them any medication if needed.
A cardiologist is a profession in which you will be treating the heart and blood vessels. You will help to prevent a variety of cardiovascular issues. You will also be treating irregular heart rhythms, heart failure, or long-standing heart issues.
How to become a cardiologist?
To become a cardiologist you need to follow the given steps-
- You will first need to take the undergraduate degree. Try to take up a major in Cardiovascular Technology (CVT).
- The next thing is to take the MCAT exam. It is an important exam that you need to take before going to medical school.
- After taking the MCAT exam you need to look for the perfect medical schools. You may need to spend 4 years on it.
- You need to take the Medical Licensing Exam (USML) when you are in medical school. This test is divided into three 3 steps. The first stage test is taken during the first year of medical school and the last two steps are taken in the final year.
- After attending medical school you need to take a residency program followed by a fellowship program.
- As you need to interpret the reports of the tests, so you need to have analytical abilities.
- The main work of you is to give them treatment plans, so you must have good problem-solving skills.
- You must have perfect hand-eye coordination while treating the patients.
- You must have excellent communication skills so that you can explain the problem to the patient easily.
The following are the duties you need to perform as a cardiologist-
- You will need to perform various tests for checking the problems faced by the patient.
- Using medical equipment like CT and MRI scanners.
- You will need to prescribe treatment and medicines to the patients.
- Analyze the test results that you have prescribed to the patients.
They are again a different branch of doctors. Vets are doctors that only treat different types of animals. You will need to take care of different animals including their illness and injuries. The main thing that you need to do is to check for their daily checkups and will also need to maintain their documents.
How to become a Veterinarian?
Following are the ways by which you can become a vet-
- You must make sure that the subjects that you have during high school are related to science like chemistry, biology, etc to become a vet.
- The next thing that you need to do is to obtain your undergraduate degree in subjects like biology or physical science.
- When you are doing your undergraduate degree, you must try getting experience why doing volunteer projects or some kind of internship under different vets or try becoming a zookeeper.
- After gaining some experience you will need to look at different veterinary schools. But before that you can also think of getting into pre-vet schools. The schools are different from normal medical schools.
- When you will get graduate, you will get a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or a Veterinary Medicine Doctor (VMD). After taking these degrees apply for different exams including North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE).
- Taking these exams will help you to get your license for the practice.
- As a vet, you need to deal with different types of animals. Therefore it is very important that you have perfect animal handling skills.
- There may be some animals that are aggressive and thus you must have a lot of patience to deal with them.
- As you need to diagnose the different types of problems you must have analytical skills so that you could give the perfect treatment plan.
- You will also need to maintain proper records of each animal that you treat. Therefore you should have proper organizational skills.
The following are the duties you need to perform as a vet-
- You will need to treat the different problems faced by the animals.
- One thing that you need to do is prescribe medication to the animals you are treating.
- You must create proper records for each of the animals you are checking.
- Giving the pet owners the right health care information for their pets.
12. Orthopedic surgeon
An orthopedic surgeon is a profession in which you will have to deal with problems related to the musculoskeletal system. You will have to get specialized in solving the problems that are related to bones, muscles, joints, etc. For the more, you will also have to deal with different conditions like fractures, dislocations, etc.
How to become an Orthopedic Surgeon?
Starting with what you need to complete for your undergraduate degree.
- After completing your undergraduate degree you need to take the MCAT exam. This exam will help you to enter med school.
- The next stage is to take up the residency program full stop net you will be learning different methods of treating your patients.
- After getting into a residency program take a final exam that is accelerated by the American Board of Orthopedic surgery.
- The exam taken will help you to get the license for your legal practice.
The following are the duties you need to perform as an orthopedic surgeon-
- You will need to conduct a direct patient care treatment.
- As an orthopedic surgeon, you will need to maintain all the records of your patient including when symptoms they are facing, what medication they need, etc.
- You will need to check various disorders, fractures, and dislocations of the patients.
- Providing solutions to problems related to the musculoskeletal system.
Physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) doctors treat issues with the brain, bones, spinal cord, etc. It is also known as physiatrists. Patients with physical and functional limitations are the ones whom you will be treating. Prior to creating a treatment plan for the patient, you must first look out for any internal issues.
How to become a physiatrist?
Following are the points that you need to become a physiatrist-
- First thing first, you need to get your undergraduate degree. Try to take up subjects like physical science, anatomy, etc.
- The next step is to take your MCAT exam. It is very important for you to take it if you want to enter medical school.
- You will have to go to medical school for becoming a physiatrist.
- At last, when you graduate you will need to get the required certification.
- You will need to listen to the problems faced by the patients and thus you should be an active listener.
- As you will have to be in communication with the patients, you must have good communication skills.
- There will be times when you will need to analyze the various x-rays to determine the right treatment plan. Thus you must have good analytical skills.
You will need to perform various duties as a physiatrist-
- Acquiring an understanding of a variety of medications required for patient treatment.
- Leading the medical staff, which may include occupational therapists, physical therapists, etc.
- Cooperate with other medical professionals so that you can treat the patient quickly.
Podiatrist looks at foot disorders. You will have to take care of your foot, ankle, lower leg, etc. Being a podiatrist, you may also have to take care of Diabetes. Most of the patients that will come to you will have issues related to the foot. You may also be treating nail issues in the foot.
How to become a Podiatrist
To become a Podiatrist you will have to follow the given steps-
- The first thing that you need to take is to get your undergraduate degree.
- Next thing is to take your MCAT exam. It will help you to determine if you can become a Podiatrist.
- The next thing is to attend podiatric school. It is different from normal medical school.
- You will need to have a good MCAT score to get into a podiatric school.
- After attending the podiatric school, you will have to get admission to the residency program. It will help you to get related experience in the program.
- When you complete the residency program, you will have to get the American Podiatric Medical Licensing Exam (APMLE).
- As you will have to treat the patients, it is important to have good communication skills.
- There may be some patients who may take time to tell their problems.
- You must enjoy working with people.
- You will have to take care of Fractures and sprains.
- Another thing that you will be taking care of is nail disorder.
- If a child does not have the right alignment in a foot, you will have to treat the patient.
- Thickened tissue of the foot is also treated by you.
|Counselor for teenager||$46,240|
What are the different non-medical careers?
Many professions are different from the medical field. To make your search easier we have discussed some of them in detail-
1. Fundraising Manager
Fundraising manager is the profession in which one serves as a company’s fundraising or development leadership. There is a tiny difference between fund development and fundraising. A fund development manager’s job is to strategically guide fundraisers. On the other hand, fundraising is the process of obtaining money for the business. The manager’s responsibility is to create and implement strategies for the organization they are employed for.
How to become a Fundraising Manager?
Following are the steps that you need to follow for becoming a fundraising Manager-
- Though there is no specific requirement for the degree, you must try getting your Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communication, and English.
- You must try to get experience related to this field. Try to take either internships or volunteering projects.
- The next thing is to get the required certifications. You can get the certification from CFRE International and need to renew it after every 3 years.
- As you may have to deal with a lot of different writing tasks, you must have good writing skills.
- There are a lot of things that you need to take care of. Thus you need to be an organized person.
- You will be needed to bring funds in different situations. Thus you need to have good problem-solving skills.
- You will be leading a full-time to help them make strategies for getting the funds. Thus you need to have good leadership skills.
As a Fundraiser manager, you will be performing the following duties-
- Researching potential sources of funding.
- Whenever necessary, composing, submitting, and uploading press releases.
- Writing grant applications, then sending them to possible donors.
- creating budgets for each quarter.
- developing inventive awareness-raising strategies.
2. Aviation maintenance technicians
An aviation mechanic is a profession in which the person is in charge of the upkeep, functioning, and safety of many types of aircraft. These engineers test and inspect the systems of these airplanes while they are grounded to make sure they are safe to take off again. They may work with a variety of military and civilian aircraft.
How to become an aviation maintenance technician?
To become an aviation maintenance technician you do not need to have any kind of bachelor’s degree. All you need to have is a high school diploma. More than 60% of Aviation maintenance technicians, do not have a bachelor’s degree. They all have associate diplomas. However, you will need to have a license and certification from the FAA (federal aviation administration). You will need to have a maximum training period of 18-30 months for getting the certification. If you want to get the certification faster you can get a degree as an aircraft mechanic which helps to fasten up the speed of getting the certification.
- As you need to take care of the maintenance of the aircraft you need to have good problem-solving skills.
- You will have to communicate with different team members and thus you must have both communications as well as teamwork.
- There may be a lot of physical work involved in this job. Thus you must be physically fit and active to become an aviation maintenance technician.
As an aviation mechanic, you will be performing the following duties-
- You must examine various parts of the aircraft to see whether they are functioning properly or not.
- Aviation maintenance technicians must also inspect the landing gear and the aircraft for cracks and other typical issues.
- The aviation maintenance professional must be able to read and communicate the maintenance issue with the aircraft as well as any other technical problems.
- Working with a variety of military and civilian aircraft.
A logistician is a person who oversees the organization’s supply chain. You must supervise the entire process of how the product is obtained and distributed as a logistician. You will be in charge of controlling the company’s movement of raw materials, furniture, finished goods, etc. For every production organization, logistics professionals are crucial.
How to become a logistician?
Following are the steps that you need to follow for becoming a logistician-
- Starting with you will need to have a bachelor’s degree in Operations, supply chains, and database management.
- The next thing is to get related experience in this field. You can take on volunteering projects or do related internships.
The last step is to get a license for high-paying jobs. Take up your license through the International Society of Logistics (SOLE).
- As a logistician, you will have to communicate with a lot of people in your unit. Thus it is very important to have good communication skills.
- You will need to take care of various documents and manage them accordingly. Therefore you must have organizational skills.
- There are high chances of facing some issues while delivering. So you must be a good problem solver.
- You must be able to develop various plans for delivering. Thus you must be able to have critical thinking.
Following are the duties that you need to perform as a logistician-
- You need to coordinate with the whole team of the supply management team.
- Checking for the right delivery of all the raw materials.
- Providing the data to the supply management team.
- You will have to create a relationship between the supplier and the consumer.
- You must be aware of the advanced technology used in logistics.
Lawyers offer counsel and suggestions to clients regarding their legal rights and obligations. As a lawyer, you will represent people and organizations in court cases and other legal matters. There may be different clients for whom you may fight including groups, individuals, etc. You will be performing different functions from preparing legal documents to arguing cases in court.
How to become Lawyer?
Further, we have discussed how to become a lawyer-
- You will need to get the required A-levels and GCSEs.
- The next stage is to get a Bachelor’s degree in law.
- After getting the degree you will need to do a Legal practice course to gain the required experience.
- Get into law school and get the required knowledge and skills.
- Do a residence program and get a license for becoming a lawyer.
- As you will have to speak on the behalf of your clients and represent them in court, you need to have good communication skills.
- There will be times when you will have to go through various situations where you need to analyze different things. Thus you must have analytical skills.
- You will need to solve various cases of different situations and thus must have good problem-solving skills.
- Being a lawyer needs a lot of deep research on various things. You must have good research skills so that you can think deeply about any of the cases.
Following are the duties that you need to perform as a lawyer-
- Keeping an eye on legal risk in paperwork and providing advice on what level of risk is acceptable.
- Provide customers with legal counsel in judicial procedures involving civil or criminal matters.
- Encourage creative responses to client issues.
- Before signing any documents, make sure that the necessary approvals are in place.
- Provide legal representation at hearings for arbitration or mediation.
4. Kindergarten Teacher Assistant
Kindergarten Teacher Assistant includes pastoral care for children and maintaining conscious awareness of the needs of children and the role of parents and guardians in their child’s education. You will provide both general and instructional support to the students. Kindergarten Teacher Assistant positions require at least a high school diploma. The best example of a Kindergarten Teacher Assistant resume is the responsibility of attending each morning and contacting the parents of an absent child. You can also think of becoming a math teacher if you do not want to become a kindergarten teacher. You can earn up to $60 per hour as a high school math tutor.
How to become a kindergarten teacher?
To become a Kindergarten Teacher Assistant you need to follow the given steps-
- The degree to become a Kindergarten Teacher Assistant varies from state to state. With this degree, you can easily get a job in school.
- To get a job in a school one must be certified with proper credit marks from the institution.
- Some states or schools require experience for a Kindergarten Teacher Assistant.
- Good organizational skills.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to manage large numbers of students and deal with challenging behavior.
Following are the duties that you need to perform as a kindergarten teacher-
- The first duty of a Kindergarten Teacher Assistant is to meet with the teachers to understand the lesson plans and agenda.
- One also must follow all lesson plans while interacting with students.
- You must interact with students in a manner that successfully communicates educational content.
5. Public relation manager
Public relation manager is a profession in which the person help organizations or businesses to grow by marketing them. You will be working closely with the marketing team and developing plans with them. Additionally, you will have to create press releases for the company and also will help them to raise the funds. If this profession excites you, further are the details to become one of them.
How to become a public relation manager?
Following are the ways by which you can become a relation manager-
- Again starting you will need to have a bachelor’s degree in advertising, Communication, Journalism, etc.
- The next step is to get the related experience. Try getting internships or voluntary projects in PR programs. You may also find full-time employment after completing the internship program.
- You can also take different management training programs like seminars, courses, or professional guidance.
- As a PR you need to promote or market the services of your company. Therefore you must expand your network so that you are having various professionals in your connections.
- Once done you must start applying for PR-level positions. Also, you must remember that you do not need any master’s degree for becoming a PR.
- As a PR manager, your main responsibility will be guiding the head of various departments for the smooth functioning of the company. Therefore you must have leadership qualities in you.
- As your main role will be marketing the services of the company therefore you must have marketing skills.
- When you are collaborating with the marketing head you need to have a lot of creativity. Hence you must have a high level of creativity.
- You may also need to deal with various problems daily. Thus having problem-solving skills will add an advantage.
- As you will have to deal with various tasks at the same time you must be able to do multitask.
- You should write a good press release. Thus you must also have creative writing skills.
You will need to perform various duties as a PR-
- As a PR you should be able to create a good image of clients in the market.
- You must be able to identify your targeted audience and therefore should create ideas to reach them.
- You must be able to write good and strong press releases for your clients.
- If the client you are working for has multiple social media platforms, you may also need to review the content on each platform.
- Another duty that you need to perform is to increase funds for your clients.
- As you need to do a lot of marketing you must make communication plans and strategies to promote your service to the customers.
6. Police Officer
Police officer is the most respectable job anyone can dream of. Maintained public orders, create criminal reports, and perform various investigations. You will be responsible for maintaining peace among civilians living in the country.
How to become a police officer?
To become a police officer you will need to have at least 5 GCSEs and the right A-levels. You can take different A-levels including law, physical education, etc. After it, you may try to get an undergraduate degree in a different related field. But getting a police constable degree apprenticeship (PCDA) is much more acceptable. After taking this degree you will need to pass the fitness as well as medical test after completing it.
- As you will have to deal with a lot of people in a single investigation, you need to have a lot of patience level.
- You are responsible for different arrests, and you may have to talk to different people for a single face. Therefore you must be an active listener. This will help you to make the right arrest.
- As you have to be in communication with different people you must also have good communication skills.
You will need to perform various duties as a police officer-
- You will be responsible for making the right arrest in your area.
- Taking a role in community-oriented policing.
- You will need to take care that all the laws are enforced properly.
- Be available on emergency duties when there are adverse conditions.
An accountant is a person who keeps records of all the financial transactions of the organization. Being an accountant means you have to issue the invoice to the customers getting them from the suppliers. You will require to create different financial statements like tax reports.
How to become an Accountant?
Following are the ways by which you can become an accountant-
- You will need to take GCSEs and A-levels in the related subjects.
- After that, you will need to take the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT). This certification is recognizable at the international level.
- After it, you need to start your training program. The time duration depends upon what training program you have chosen.
- Accountancy is a vast subject and thus you must study for the branch you have selected.
- Start getting the experience. Once you have gained the required knowledge it is important to get the experience. You can take different internships or different volunteer projects for getting experience.
- As you will be in communication with all the departments of the organization, you must have the right level of communication skills.
- You need to maintain the records of all the financial documents and thus you must have good organizational skills.
- As an accountant, you will have to deal with different problems like financial issues. So you must have good communication skills.
- You will be managing different things related to finance. Therefore you must have time management skills.
You will need to perform various duties as an accountant-
- You will be preparing different budgets for the organizations in which you are working.
- Computing the taxes and preparing the return for taxes.
- Maintain the records of different financial statements.
- You will need to manage all the accounting statements for the companies.
A pilot is one who works in the aviation industry. You will need to take the passengers and goods from one place to another. If you are a pilot in the private sector who flies smaller planes. You may be hired by big businessmen or celebrities. It will help you to provide on-demand transportation for your clients. You may also work as an independent contractor.
How to become a Pilot?
Following are the ways by which you can become a pilot-
- To become a pilot you will need to have 5 GCSEs.
- You will need to have 2 medical certifications – EASA Class 1 Medical Certification and UKCAA Class 1 Medical Certification.
- You will also need to have 2-3 A-levels and need to integrate an ATPL course or a Modular ATPL course.
- You can also try to get a bachelor’s degree in Aviation. This degree will help you to become a pilot.
- As a pilot, you may need to guide the passengers about various situations from time to time. Therefore you should have good communication skills.
- You will be having a proper team to work with it. You must be able to work in a team.
- As a pilot, each of the decisions you made is related to the passengers on the flight. Thus you should be a quick decision-maker.
- There may be times when you have to be in a situation where you will have to make some serious decisions. Thus you should be able to analyze the problem of the situation.
You will need to perform various duties as a pilot-
- You have to ensure that all information regarding the route, weather, etc is received.
- Taking care of the aircraft’s pre- and post-flight checks.
- If necessary, get in touch with the relevant organizations and personnel.
- Choosing effective and safe flight routes.
9. Resident Assistant of College
If you are in college and want to live in a dorm, you will need all the related information regarding it. RA in the college is the one who will help you to guide you about living in a dorm. They can also be called a resident advisor, community advisors, etc. As a RA you will have to coordinate with the students and tell them about the various rules and regulations of the dorm. You will be responsible for making them live in a safe area.
How to become a RA?
To become a RA you will have to follow the given steps-
- You will have to first attend the RA sessions.
- After attending the session, you will have to get into the group on Pantherlink which is called as RA selection.
- You will have to fill out the form for the RA application. Once your application is approved by the authority, you will be called out for an interview.
- After giving out the interview wait for the final name for the position of RA.
- As you will have to manage a lot of various students you must have leadership skills.
- You must have good communication skills as you will have to communicate with the students.
- There may be times when you will be performing various duties at a particular time. Thus you must have time management skills.
Duties of RA
You will need to perform various duties as a RA-
- You will have to make the regular data of the students around you.
- Creating a home-like environment for them.
- You will have to look after the parties happening in the dorm.
- Keep a check on the enforcement of the rules of the college.
10. Nuclear engineer
Nuclear engineers are the ones who study both chemical and electrical engineering. You will have to study nuclear physics, chemistry, and radioactive materials in deep. As a nuclear engineer, you must be able to study how these substances have effects on the environment and on the lives of people.
How to become a nuclear engineer?
Further are the steps that you will follow to become a nuclear engineer-
- You will need to study maths, chemistry, and physics in high school to become a nuclear engineer.
- The next step is to get a bachelor’s degree in nuclear engineering. In most cases, you will need to get 120 credits to get the degree.
- You may also think of taking up a master’s degree in nuclear engineering. It will help to increase your chances of getting an education.
- In most states, you will need to get a license to work as a nuclear engineer. Thus after completing your master’s degree you will need to get the license.
- The next step is to gain the necessary experience so that you are able to sit for the PE exam and get the PE license.
- As you will have to get in communication with a lot of people during your work, you must have good communication skills.
- You will be solving a lot of problems and thus must have good problem-solving skills.
- As a nuclear engineer, you will have to take a lot of decisions and thus you must have good decision-making skills.
Following are the duties that you will be performing as a nuclear engineer-
- You will have to harness the energy created from various subatomic reactions.
- As a nuclear engineer, you will have to develop nuclear equipment and maintain power plants.
11. e-Learning developer
e-Learning developers are the one which creates digital content for various platforms. As an e-learning developer, you will need to work in a team of instructional designers, subject matter experts (SMEs), etc. You will need to develop the content in such a manner that it attracts the learner and they get to understand easily.
How to become an e-learning developer?
To become an e-learning developer you basically need to have a bachelor’s degree in the subject for which you need to create the content. You need to create content on the subject you have chosen. For creating it you must follow some of the techniques that are attractive to the learner.
- As you will be working with a full team, it is important for you to have good teamwork skills.
- When you are in a team you need to get into communicate with them, Thus you must have good communication skills.
- You must be able to solve problems coming on your way.
- As the name suggests, this career is related to online learning, it is important to have technical skills.
As an e-learning developer, you will be following the given duties-
- You will have to create content related to the subject that is related to your field.
- As you will have to work in a team, it is your duty to get coordinate with them about the work.
- You must be able to take feedback from the team on the content you have created.
- As most of the work you will be doing uses technology, you must be updated on the technology you are using.
12. Chief Learning Officer (CLO)
A chief learning officer (CLO) is a person who is in charge of managing employees of the team. You will need to check how the organization is working and will have to create various plans for the organization. Further, you will have to get in coordination with the heads of different departments. You will be responsible for the company’s overall growth.
How to become a chief learning officer (CLO)?
To become a chief learning officer, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree in the field of marketing or business management. To get into this position you will have to first start with the entry-level positions. As you will be responsible for the company’s overall development, you must have greater knowledge of the business.
- As you have to lead different departments, you must have good leadership skills.
- As a leader, you will have to get in communicate with different heads, and thus you must have good communication skills.
- You will have to manage teams under different departments, thus there must be management skills in you.
- As a head, you will have to deal with a lot of problems in your daily life. Thus you must have problem-solving skills in you.
Following are the duties that you need to perform as a chief learning officer-
- You will have to look if the learning programs are effective or not.
- You will be a bridge between the different departments of the company.
- As a CLO, you will need to create the annual budget and control the expenditure of the company.
13. Orangetheory instructor
It is the fitness coach at the Orangetheory instructor. There are above 1300 studios in over 23 countries. As a tutor, you need to be more energetic and passionate. The first studio of Orangetheory was founded in Florido and was in 2010.
How to Become an Orangethory Instructor?
To become an Orangethory Instructor you must have a degree in the related subjects. As an instructor, you will have to know the techniques of exercises, physiology, and body mechanism. There are different certifications that you will need to have like the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Council on Exercise. For becoming the instructor in this studio you will need to have 1 year of experience and will need to fill out the form.
The following are the duties of Orangetheory instructors-
- You will have to train 36 clients in one single class.
- Another thing you need to do is market their services.
- You will have to analyze how the clients are getting the training.
|Public relation manager||$119,860|
|RA of College||$28,850|
Which profession should you take should depend upon your interest and not other factors? However, we have discussed different professions so that you can get an idea of what should you do.
Every profession is different and has different entry requirements. You can choose to get into the profession according to your choice. When you are deciding the career you want to get into you must think of what really excites you. If you dream of getting into a medical career you, there are different professions that you can take up like midwife, cardiologist, orthodontist, etc. On the other hand, if you want to take non-medical professions you can think of becoming a lawyer, logistician, etc.