For reaching the university stage and medical schools you have to qualify for the A-levels exam or any other equivalent qualification. Before applying to medical schools, you must do a lot of research on it. This will help you in finding out the best medical schools near you and will also which university can you get into easily.
1. Queen’s University Belfast School of Medicine, dentistry and biomedical science
- The following are the easiest medical schools to get into-
2. Hull York medical school
3. Durham University School of Medicine Pharmacy and Health
4. School of Medicine at the University of St Andrews
5. Medical school at the University of Birmingham
6. Medical school at the University of Manchester
7. University of Cambridge School of clinical medicine
8. Leicester medical school
9. Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry
10. UCL medical school
11. University of Bristol medical school
12. Keele University School of Medicine
13. University of Aberdeen medical school
However, you must read till the end to know more about these easiest medical schools in detail.
13 Easiest Medical Schools to Get Into in the UK
Applying to a medical school does have a very difficult process and based on these processes and the acceptance rate the following are some medical schools to which the student can get admission. You need to choose the right med school for you depending upon your stream. Suppose for paediatrics, vets, estheticians, etc, there are different schools. Depending upon your location like Hawaii, Virginia, Oregon, or Philadelphia, you need to choose the best medical schools for you. Additionally, depending on the competition of your stream, you will need to decide how many schools you should apply to.
The following will explain the factors such as entry requirements, the number of applicants, and the interview process of the medical school-
1. Queen’s University Belfast School of Medicine, dentistry and biomedical science:
Getting into medical school is not an easy process at all. But when we compare it to another medical school, It is one of the top easiest Medical Schools to get into in the UK.
- The acceptance rate of Queen’s University is 38.3%. With the acceptance rate, the university provides a great environment for the student to learn.
- It does provide the student help with the different teaching styles and the state-of-the-art facilities make the school popular among other schools.
- These schools do require the student to have A*AAA at A-levels which is a very hard requirement.
- However, when you are going to the interview, you will need to wear a specific outfit for it.
2. Hull York medical school:
You can get into the school as it offers you a modern approach to medicine which makes it popular among all the schools. Try to get into the school at the age of 28 so that you can get a lot of time to decide if you want to get into medical school.
- The acceptance rate of the medical school is 28.9% which makes the school the second easiest medical school to get into the UK.
- The student does require to have AAA at a level.
3. Durham University School of Medicine Pharmacy and Health:
The university is one of the world’s leading Universities which was before part of Durham University but now is part of Newcastle University.
- The university acceptance rate of 28.8%. The university is considered to be a very comparative University and it is compared to other Universities in the UK.
- The student requires AAA at A-levels.
4. School of Medicine at the University of St Andrews:
It is one of the traditional medical schools as it is the oldest Medical School in Scotland. The School of Medicine at the University of Saint Andrews provides the student with a high satisfaction rate. As it is very hard to get into medical school, you must think a lot before dropping out of medical school.
- The medical school has an acceptance rate of 25.1% and is in 4th position in the easiest medical school.
- The requirement of the school is having a AAA or AAB at A-levels.
5. Medical school at the University of Birmingham:
The University of Birmingham does have various factors which attract the student very well. It provides you with various styles of teaching and also with hands-on learning. You can build a strong foundation in medicine. One of the factors by which the student attracts to get the university is the location of the university is in the City has greenery and much outdoor fun. If you find the tuition fee of the university higher, you can always look for different ways by which you afford medical school or get paid in medical school.
- The acceptance rate of the medical school is 24%.
- And the entry requirement for medical school is less than the above such as AAA or AAB at A-levels.
6. Medical school at the University of Manchester:
It is one of the largest medical schools in the UK. The university has a number of students as it attracts them by the diversity of the city, and it does have a unique teaching style. However, if you think you are unable to pay your tuition fee, you must try out some of the ways by which you can make out money at the school.
- The acceptance rate of the university is 23.8% which makes the university rank 6th in the top easiest medical schools.
- The student requires to have AAA at A-levels to apply to this school.
7. University of Cambridge School of clinical medicine:
The University of Cambridge is a very popular university in the world but with this, it does exist as one of the easiest Medical Schools to get into. The student can easily get into the Cambridge Medical School as they have less competition but the interview requirement for the medical school is very much higher. As it is again a tough university to enter, you can think of sending them supplemental applications to increase your chances. You will also need to get the right number of patient hours so that you can easily get into the university.
- The acceptance rate of the school is 21.8%.
8. Leicester medical school:
Leicester medical school is famous and many of the students prefer to be in this school as it has a friendly atmosphere and does have a reputation among other universities. The atmosphere of the school is good for all the expiring doctors.
- The acceptance rate of the medical school is 21.5% which makes the university rank 8th for the easiest medical school.
- The student needs to have AAA at A-levels to meet the requirements of the school.
9. Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry:
The School of Medicine and Industry is a part of Queen Mary University. It is one of the oldest medical schools. The school does have a high satisfaction rate due to which many of the students preferred to go to this school. You must also remember the application process of the school so that you can easily apply to the university
- The acceptance rate of the medical school is 21.5% which makes it Rank 9th position for the easiest .medical school.
- The entry requirement needed by the student is to have A*AA at A-levels and they also require some GCSE grades.
10. UCL medical school:
UCL medical school is a very famous School that is part of University College London and it is ranked in the list of best universities in the world. The student does need to work hard to meet the entry requirement for the medical school as it has a very competitive environment then all the other medical schools.
- The acceptance rate of the medical school is 20% which makes the medical school rank 10th. They do require the student to have grades of A*AA at A-levels.
- You should have the subject Chemistry and Biology at A-level.
- You also need to have some specific grades in the GCSE exam to enter medical school.
11. University of Bristol medical school:
Bristol medical school is famous for its Research Centre in Population and transactional health science. It is a very famous Medical School in the UK and is among the top 60 universities in the world. It provides you with 6 Medical programs and 19 different specialities from which you have to choose what to take. The students who are studying in the first year of medical school have a high rate of contact with patients. They do send the student for weekly clinical sessions to make them experience real situations which are helpful for the student in the future.
- The acceptance rate of the medical school is 20% which makes the university rank 11 in the easiest medical school.
12. Keele University School of Medicine:
The Keele medical school was founded in 1978 and the headquarter is at the university in Staffordshire. It provides the student with experience in a range of settings as it has a number of collaborations with other institutes. The University of Medicine is famous for cutting-edge research. During the entry requirement of the school, they want a student who is an all-rounder not just academically but also they want a student who does have good communication skills and is well organized.
- The acceptance rate of the university is 17.8% which makes the university rank 12th in the easiest medical school in the UK.
13. University of Aberdeen medical school:
It is a part of the Aberdeen University of Medicine Medical Science and Nutrition. It also provides the student with long-distance learning courses which makes the student apply for it as it is more accessible to the student who cannot come to the university physically and learn. The University of every medical school was established in 1495. The University has educated around 3000 students in the area of medicine. The research program provided by the universities is very good and has an annual budget of $80 million. You can think of taking the Special Master’s Programs which increase your chances of getting into the university.
- The acceptance rate of the university is 13.8% which makes the university rank 14th in the easiest medical school list in the UK.
When it comes to applying for this Medical School the student always wants to be in a medical school in which the acceptance rate of the student is high and they can get admission easily. But the student should not just consider the acceptance rate and apply for the university, they should see all the factors which will make their future bright. Getting admission to medical school is quite challenging and if the student gets it is a huge achievement.
What are the lowest entry requirements for medicine in the UK?
The lowest entry requirement for medicine in the UK is at least five A* or A grades in GCSE subjects in which math and English are included. You may think of going to UMKC.
What are the chances of getting into medical school in the UK?
The ratio of applicants is around 1:4 which shows that getting admission to Medical School is extremely competitive. Therefore you must know some of the ways by which you can get into medical schools easily. You can try to send them a VITA application or med school diversity essay to the medical school to increase their chances of getting into the medical school.