Where to Find Duolingo Flashcards & How to Create Your Own?
Duolingo is an American language-learning company which helps you in learning various languages freely. It not only helps you in learning the language but also has a lot of other features like flashcards. If you were unaware of this feature, and want to learn more about it, here we will help you to know more about it. Further, we will be discussing where to find Duolingo flashcards and how can you create them on your own.
- Although Tinycards, a Duolingo flashcards feature, has been removed, there are still ways to create your own flashcards.
- You can make flashcards using third-party apps that sync with Duolingo courses or flashcard software like Memrise and Anki.
- Additionally, you can look online for flashcards made specifically for Duolingo courses by other users.
- Through active engagement and repetition, flashcards help language learners by reinforcing vocabulary, grammar, and concepts.
- With flashcards, you can practise and advance in areas that require more attention by frequently reviewing difficult words.
- Flashcards are an engaging and entertaining learning tool that can make learning a new language seem like a game and keep you motivated.
- Regularly using flashcards can help you increase your vocabulary, correct your grammar and spelling, and become more proficient in the language.
You must read till the end so that you can learn all about Duolingo flashcards.
What are Duolingo Flashcards?
Flashcards are the ones in which you get the short meaning of new words. Flashcards is a feature of the Duolingo website that allows you to quickly practise previously learned words. You would grade yourself as words in the language being learned and your translations were shown to you. This button replaced the “Practise weakest words” button, which had the same functionality as the “Strengthen Skills” button on the home page.
Making Duolingo flashcards allows you to actively engage with the language material. It necessitates critical thinking about the words, their meanings, and how they can be visualised or explained. Because you must accurately represent the concepts on the flashcards, this process reinforces your understanding of vocabulary, spelling, and grammar rules.
In addition, the visual and interactive nature of flashcards makes learning fun and engaging. Language acquisition becomes a game-like activity when you use flashcards, keeping you motivated and eager to progress. Flashcard expertise gives you a sense of accomplishment and progress, which motivates you to keep going with your language learning. In all, Duolingo Flashcards are a feature that will be helpful to you if you want to advance your language learning. By combining words from your Duolingo courses with visual cues, definitions, and regular practice, you can increase your vocabulary, spelling, grammar, and overall language proficiency.
Where to find the Duolingo flashcards?
Using Duolingo Flashcards on a regular basis provides several advantages. For starters, it assists students in expanding their vocabulary by systematically reviewing and practising words from their language courses. Flashcards’ repetition and reinforcement helped in the incorporation of new words into long-term memory. As to getting any booster for completing different challenges like XP ramp-up, you need to go to the shop section, you need to go to the special section for Duolingo flashcards. Earlier there was a special feature known as Tinycards which was especially for Duolingo flashcards.
However, Duolingo’s flashcard feature- Tinycards has unfortunately been discontinued but there are other ways you can make your own flashcards. However, you may not have lost the badge that you received wile using Tinycards. You can also create your own flashcards using a flashcard program. Or you can use third-party apps to sync words from Duolingo courses into flashcards or browse online for Duolingo flashcards created by other users. Therefore, further, we have discussed the different ways by which you can create Duolingo flashcards.
What are the ways to make your own Duolingo Flashcards?
Following are the ways to make your own Duolingo flashcards-
You can create or find Duolingo flashcards to study with the language learning website Memrise. It is a platform that usually has an approach to flashcard learning. These flashcards can help you practise and reinforce the vocabulary and concepts you’ve learned on Duolingo. The flashcards on this platform are divided into courses and you will have to go through them one by one. These flashcards work similarly to the Duolingo tree or new learning path.
All you need to do is to search for courses in your language by clicking on the course and searching for the Duolingo language you want to learn. You will see the course is divided into flashcards and you can go through it. One of the great advantages of this platform is that you can also learn the Tagalog or Cantonese language on this platform and can be a perfect Duolingo alternative.
Anki is a popular flashcard programme that allows you to create your own study flashcards. By inputting the words, phrases, and grammar rules you encounter during your Duolingo lessons, you can use Anki to create your own Duolingo flashcards. Anki employs spaced repetition algorithms to optimise your learning and assist you in effectively remembering the material. This is a great option if you want to get the words in a more organized manner.
It is because it will help you to go in a proper manner. Further, if you already have learned some of the words through Duolingo and do not want them to come in front of you, you can also do that. However, we will be discussing it in the later part of this guide.
3. Duolingo Flashcards Created by Others
In addition to making your own flashcards, Anki also lets you access those made by other users. Users can upload and share their flashcard decks using Anki’s shared decks’ feature. You can search for Anki community members’ shared Duolingo-specific decks to take advantage of other students’ hard work.
4. Flashka app
If you have an Android device, you might want to use the “Flashka” app, which gives you access to Duolingo flashcards. You can review and practise the vocabulary and ideas from your Duolingo lessons with the help of this app’s possible availability of flashcards specially designed for Duolingo courses.
How to delete the flashcard on Anki if you already have studied on Duolingo?
To delete the Flashcard on Anki you must try the following steps-
1. Scraping the Memrize course
To delete the flashcards on Anki, you will again have to go back to the Memrize app. Now you will have to open the memrize scrap URL in which you can copy the link of the course whose flashcards you want to remove. It is a very helpful feature as you can directly copy the link and not have to copy the flashcard list. After doing it you will see the full list of the words in the order you will be getting the words on the app.
Most of the words will be from the beginning of the course as you will only want to remove the basic words. So suppose you are studying Russian or Italian, you will be getting different words, both – easy and hard. Thus you can remove the easy words that you find too easy.
Use Google Docs and google sheets
Now once you get the words through memrize, you will need to copy them in the google docs.
- Once you copied the words in Docs, all you have to do is to download it from the files options as plain text (.txt.).
- After doing this step, you will have to open a blank document and again go to the files option. You will see new options and then click on the import option. Now select the .txt. The document you created earlier.
- Now again when you will be importing the document, you will again see different options and have to click on replace spreadsheets as a part of the import location. You will also see the separator type of option, which you need to keep the same as it is by default. After doing it click on import data.
- Now when you will be copying the content, you will see the meanings and the words are copied in the same column. To separate them you will have to first select the whole column.
- Once you select the column, you will have to go to the data option and then click on the split text to column option.
- After it, you will see a separator tab, in which you will have to tap on custom and add double space in it and then enter.
- You will see that the words are in one column and the meaning is in another column. Although it looks like the job is done here, actually there are more steps that need to be done.
- Now as you will see that there are some columns between the words and the meanings you will have to delete them.
- After deleting them you can review the words so that you can delete some of the easiest words from the list.
Add Duolingo flashcards to Anki flashcards
- For it, you will have to download the right version of Anki according to your laptop. However, before that, you will have to download the list that you have already made.
- For downloading the list, you will have to go to the file option and select on Download option. After it, you will have to choose Comma-separate values (.csv) for exporting the files.
- Now after it, you will have to download the perfect version of Anki based on the version you are using.
- After it, you will have to make the account and create the deck on it. Now give a name to your deck like Duolingo flashcards or something else.
- Now click on import file and select the .CSV file you want to add on.
- Once you hit the import, you will get multiple options and choose the card types you want to get.
- If you want to get a two-sided card then you must go for the basic. However, if you want to change the sides you can go for the target field.
How do Flashcards help in Learning?
When learning a language with flashcards, words that you get wrong “decay” or weaken more quickly than words that you get right. This implies that in order for the words you find difficult to remember, you will need to review them more frequently. The flashcard system emphasises reinforcing the words you find challenging, which causes them to decay more quickly. As a result, it will be simpler for you to use those challenging words more frequently, giving you more practice in the areas where you need it.
A word that you correctly pronounce, on the other hand, remains in your memory for a longer time as opposed to dissipating quickly. By focusing on the words that require more attention and giving you more practice, this method helps you learn more effectively.
An American company that specialises in educational technology called Duolingo creates learning apps and offers language certification. The Duolingo website has a feature called flashcards that lets users quickly review previously learned words and rate them as words in the language they are learning. There are several benefits to regularly using Duolingo Flashcards. By fusing words from courses with visual cues, definitions, and regular practice, Duolingo flashcards are a helpful feature for enhancing language abilities. Duolingo flashcards can be made using Memrise, Anki, Duolingo, or Flashka.
You can use Memrise to make your own flashcards by entering the words, phrases, and grammar rules you learn from Duolingo. You can access those created by other users using Anki as well. You can access Duolingo flashcards created specifically for Duolingo courses through the Flashka app.
Does Duolingo have flashcards?
No, Duolingo has discontinued the flashcards feature although you can create or access flashcards using other apps.
Why was Tinycards discontinued?
As there was less funding and resources, Tinycards were discontinued by Duolingo in September 2020. Similar to the defunct Flashcards feature, the company intends to incorporate Flashcard features into the main Duolingo app.