Many platforms are offering online teaching opportunities. You can choose to teach different subjects. One such platform which may not be very well known but can be very useful is Bansho. Bansho is a non-China-based platform that helps students to connect with tutors online, just like Skooli.
Bansho is an online teaching platform that helps students with their homework. You will need to have experience in teaching and Bachelor’s degree. This platform is the one in which you will be getting a good pay rate. Also, no penalty policy makes it more worthy. Further, we have discussed what the platform is all about.
What is Bansho?
Bansho is an online tutoring platform that was founded in 2020 and is based in New York. You will find students from pre – K and 4th standard. Traditionally they started by creating online educational videos but currently, they are also offering one on one classes. The primary focus of this platform is to help the students with their homework.
Just like first leap or varsity, you can teach various subjects from art to math. As a tutor, you will need to collaborate with the parents to help them work with their kids and help their kids with long-term literacy. You will need the zoom meeting app in order to take up the classes.
Bansho review – Is Bansho worth it?
Bansho is a non-China ESL platform just like TeachCast where you can earn money by teaching kids within pre-k and 4th grade. The pay rate that you will get is good when compared to others. There are no penalties as well on this platform. They also pay you for giving feedback to the parents who are not available on all the other platforms.
The only problem with using it is that you can not make it full-time work. As it is contractual-based work, you can not make it full-time work. Also if you are looking for more flexible work it may not be for you. As getting regular work will lower your flexibility for you.
Benefits of Bansho
- They offer a good pay rate to the tutors.
- The time you take to give feedback to the parents is compensated. This means that you get paid for giving feedback to the parents.
- You get students for the long term.
- No penalties take place for canceling the class. All you need to reschedule it.
Drawbacks of Bansho
- You can only teach if you are from North America.
- This is only a part-time contractual-based job. If you are looking for a full-time job it may not be for you.
- You should be able to commit to a regular schedule for teaching the kids.
Requirements to become a tutor on Bansho
The following are the main requirements to become a tutor at Bansho-
- You will have to be from North America.
- There should be a bachelor’s degree just like verbling.
- Must have experience in teaching. Preference is given to tutors who get experience in teaching.
- A laptop or a computer and good quality microphone and webcam. You must set up a nice background.
- You should be able to give proper feedback to the students.
How to become a tutor on Bansho?
To become a Bansho’s tutor you need to go through the following steps-
- You need to visit their official website and finish out the form given on it just like cafetalk.
- You will need to add all the necessary information to it.
- Once your application is reviewed you will receive a link for your interview and mock class. The interview will be through the zoom application.
- In your interview, you can expect questions based on the company and online teaching experience. Another thing that you need to do is take up a mock class.
- When both things are done you will need to take a training session and go for a background check.
- After everything is done, you can create your teaching profile and can start taking the class.
Is Bansho legit?
Bansho is a legal platform to use. The increasing number of students shows how reliable and safe it is to use the platform. Also, the security policy of Bansho shows the safety of data. It makes sure that no data is leaked out. They also give a guarantee of not sharing any information even for marketing purposes.
How much does Bansho pay?
The pay rate is around
. It depends upon what the length of the session. Also, there is compensation that you get from the platform for giving feedback to the parent. You need to submit the invoice before each month. You will get your earnings transferred to your account via direct deposit on the 10th of every month.
Unlike other ESL platforms, you will not get any penalty to cancel the class. Also if the parent cancels the class within less than 24 hours before the class, you will get the half amount of the class.
Bansho is a non-Chinese platform that connects students with tutors from North America. They offer a good pay rate which depends upon the duration of the class taken. Also, there is no deduction for emergency leaves, which adds to a plus point. Though if you are considering it as a full-time job, it might not be worth it, as they only offer contractual base employment.