The transformation of the traditional education system into online education has given emerge to many online platforms. Some of them provide online courses and others provide live classes like iBest teacher, preply, brainfuse, etc. Edukita is one such platform that involves both services.
- Edukita is a small start-up company which is based in Jakarta.
- It consists of around 10 teachers who give classes to Indonesian students.
- This is one of the websites that involve both services.
- The platform will help the students to get free courses that will help them to improve their skills.
- Along with that, this platform also provides you with the service of teaching one class.
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of the Edukita platform.
The company is a small, newer startup company and it is based in Indonesia. It gives native speakers pay of $18-20 per hour for the tutor who is teaching the group which consists of large students. For the teacher here there is no compulsion for having a degree Or any teaching certificate. They just need to have 3 years of online teaching experience.
Is Edukita worth it?
As it is a non-china company it does have a better alternative for the teacher looking for a job outside the country. Following are some positive and negative reviews about the company:
- The Edukita company doesn’t override the teacher.
- The hiring process requires the teacher to qualify for specific qualifications.
- The teacher needs to have 3 years of experience teaching online classes.
- The teacher has to conduct the class for long hours.
- The large group of the class creates many problems during class.
- The teacher doesn’t have the facility of Secchulding the class according to their flexible time.
- The company takes time during the process of application submission.
What are the pros and cons of Edukita?
- As the company is one of the startup companies which are having better-paying companies.
- The teacher doesn’t need to have any certificate or degree to get a job in Edukita.
- The company doesn’t overhire the teachers.
- The company doesn’t ask the students to give after-class feedback.
- As the company is a startup company the teacher has direct communication with the company owner.
- If the teachers are not able to complete the lessons then the material is carried over.
- The teachers should have 3 years of online teaching experience.
- The company doesn’t organize one on one classes. They could only group classes that have to deal with a large group of up to 40 students in a class.
- The classes are being conducted after 1 hour that too back to back.
- The company only sets the class timing which is being set for the whole month one time only. The teacher can not have their own schedule of work.
- The company does take time in the process of application
- The teacher who is working in the company needs to have high energy.
What is the process of online teaching in Edukita?
The online classes are being conducted via zoom and Google Slides. The company also provides the teaching material to the teacher and the teachers are instructed to check the notes before the class only so that if there is any error it could be corrected. The teacher has to deliver the class in front of a large group of students consisting of 6-40 students for at least one hour. During the class, there is a co-teacher who is responsible for managing the chat function during class or any student who causes disturbance in the class. It is because there are students who get bored in online classrooms, and thus cause disturbance in the class.
What are the various types of classes in Edukita?
The various types of classes conducted in Edukita are as follows:
- Vocabulary classes.
- Speaking and conversational.
What is the pay given to the teacher in Edukita?
The pay given by the Edukita company starts at $18-20 per hour. There is an increase in the salary according to the number of classes being taught in Edukita and also with the positive feedback given by the parents and students to the teacher.
What are the working hours for Edukita?
The class is conducted after school between 4 to 10 p.m. on weekdays and when it is on the weekend the class is conducted from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. During which there is a 30-minute break. The classes are 1 hour long and the same student attends the class weekly at the same time for a month.
If a Teacher teaches multiple classes thinking about the increment in salary they can run back-to-back classes without any break which will be quite difficult to manage for the teacher. If a Teacher needs any emergency leave or is sick then the co-teacher can do the job of the teacher but the teacher is a small company Edukita there is no substitution as they depend upon the main teachers.
What is the requirement for applying as a teacher in Edukita?
The teacher who wants to be a teacher in Edukita must be a native speaker who has three years of online teaching experience and should have experience in teaching group classes that include around 4 to 50 students. The teacher here does not need any decrease or diploma or taking certificate but if they have it will be advantageous to them.
Teaching a group of students sometimes creates problems as there will be less interaction between teacher and student. The pay given to the teacher is around 18 to 20. The company accepts native and non-native speakers. The teacher who wants to apply for a job in a company where they don’t require a degree or diploma. They needed to have three years of experience in an online teaching class being conducted under a group of students. Approximately 6 to 40 students are available.