Duolingo German Vocabulary List for Free in 2024
German is one of the languages that many users are learning either to get a good job or because of personal interests. Thus it is also one of the popular languages available on Duolingo. If you are also using Duolingo to learn the German language then you must also be wondering if there is a Duolingo German Vocabulary list or not. Of course, vocabulary is a major factor when you are learning a new language. Thus here we will help you to find out if there is a list or not and how can you access the German vocabulary list of Duolingo
er ist – he is
- German is a language that is becoming very popular among various language learners. To learn this language need to get a lot of vocabulary lists.
- If you are using Duolingo for learning this language you might want to know if it has a great vocabulary list or not.
- Earlier these vocabulary lists were available on the desktop version but with time they have removed this feature from Duolingo.
- To still get the Duolingo german vocabulary list, you will need to download the Memrise app and get the words through the Memrise scrapper.
- Once you get the list of words through it, you will need to organise the data properly. After that, you will need to use the platform to get the words in flashcard form.
- Below are some of the words that you will be getting on the Duolingo German course-
Sie sind – you (formal) are
sie ist – she is
ihr seid – you (informal, plural) are
wir sind – we are
die Frauen – women
die Jungen – boys
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of whether Duolingo has a Duolingo German vocabulary list or not.
Does Duolingo have a German Vocabulary list?
Every language be it a popular one like French, Spanish, and German or least popular like Croatian or Sanskrit, requires a great vocabulary list that helps the language learner to understand the language easily. If you are a person who is learning the German language on Duolingo then you must be wondering if there is any vocabulary list for it or not. Yes, there is a vocabulary list for German on Duolingo which was earlier available on the desktop version.
However, with new updates, Duolingo has stopped providing it on the desktop as well. Of course, it does not mean that you cannot have access to it. Further, we will help you to understand how you can assess the Duolingo German vocabulary list easily.
How can you access the Duolingo German vocabulary list?
German is a very interesting language to learn just like Japanese and Italian language. If you are also a language learner whose main focus is to learn German then you must be interested in understanding how to get the vocabulary words used on Duolingo. Thus, we will help you to understand how can you get the German vocabulary list of Duolingo easily by following the three main steps-
1. Using Memrise
The first step that you need to focus on is to get the Memrise platform. It is the platform which allows you to get a lot of vocabulary words from different languages like French, Spanish, Estonian, etc. This app is one of the greatest apps to get the Duolingo German vocabulary list. The reason behind it is that this is one of the platforms which not only provide the vocabulary list but also allow you to add up your own.
Therefore there are many users who have already uploaded Duolingo vocabulary lists for various languages. To get the Duolingo vocabulary list for the German language you will need to search the related words like Duolingo German or the Duolingo German vocabulary list. After that, you will need to have the Memrise Scrapper website. When you will get your required course you will need to copy the link of it and paste it on the scraper.
Once you will do that you will see the words that are used in the whole Duolingo course. When you see all the words along with its meaning you will need to copy them in the Google docs. Of course, the data you will get will be in unorganised management and you will need to organise it properly. The next step for you is to organise the unorganised data.
2. Organising data
You will see that all the words and meanings on Google Docs are in an unorganised manner and you will not be able to understand it properly. To do it you will need to copy the words in the Google Sheets and then follow the steps given below to make it organised properly-
- The first step is to download the Google Docs in plain text format. To do it you will have to tap on the file option and then download the content in.txt format.
- After that, you will need to open a new blank Google sheet document where you will have to tap on the file option. When you will do that you will see the import option.
- Click on the import option and choose the file which you have downloaded in plain text format.
- After that, you will see that there are many options like replacing the spreadsheet. Remember to maintain a separate type of spreadsheet same as the data default import.
Once these steps are followed you will see that the words and the meanings of them are in the same column of the sheet. It will again look unorganised and you will not be able to understand it properly. At this point, you will need to separate the words and meanings in different columns. To do it you will need to follow the given steps-
- Tap on the column in which both words and meanings have been copied. Once done click on the data option which is at the top of the sheet.
- Now you will see a split text-to-column option, just tap on it.
- After that, you will get a separate tab which allows you to choose how you want to separate the text.
- Click on it and choose the custom option for changing the settings of the column.
- Once you choose the custom option you will need to add double space in it. After that click on the enter button and you will see that the words and the meaning of words are in separate columns.
However, there may be more than two columns between both of them and therefore you will need to delete those extra columns. Deleting this column will help you to get the data in a more organised manner which will be easier to understand.
3. Use Anki
Anki is a platform where you can find other vocabulary lists or can upload your own. Of course, you can find the lingo vocabulary list that is already available to the other users. However, if you want to get the Duolingo German vocabulary list in the form of flashcards on this platform then you must have the Anki web website or the deck repositories. On this website, you will be uploading the word and the meaning start you have downloaded from the Memrise platform. Follow the given steps to get words on the Anki platform-
- The first step to do it is to download the list of the words that you have created on the spreadsheet.
- After that, you will need to select the comma-separated (.CSV) file to add up the Deck on it easily.
- When you save the file in the form of .CSV format, you will need to import it by clicking on the import option.
- Once done, click on the option from various options from which you have to choose.
- If there is only the need for two-sided cards then you will need to keep the basic type as it is. However, if you are interested in switching any of the sides then you will need to choose the targeted file.
What are some of the German vocabulary words available on Duolingo?
Although we have discussed the main way of getting the German Vocabulary words, you must also remember that with the help of this extension, you can easily download the words on Duolingo. Some of the words that you will get in the German course are-
|Meanings of the words
|you (formal) are
|you (informal, plural) are
German is a popular language that most of the language learners are taking up to get good jobs and for their personal interest. These are the reasons why German is one of the popular languages available on Duolingo. If you are also interested in learning this language you must be wondering if there is a Duolingo German vocabulary list or not. Of course, there is a vocabulary list available on the platform.
However, earlier it was easy to assess it on the desktop version. But with the new updates, you are not able to get it on it. The other way by which you can get it is by using Memrise scrapper to get the data and then organise it with the help of Google spreadsheet. You can also take the help of the Anki platform to learn the language.
Can you learn all of the German on Duolingo?
Duolingo is one of the platforms where you will be learning the different types of languages at the B2 level. It means that you will not be able to learn all the German language on the platform. This means that you will only be getting 60% of proficiency in the language.
How many German words are there in Duolingo?
The number of words for each language on Duolingo is different. If we talk about the German language then there are over 3253 words in the course.