Learning a new language means giving a lot of time to a specific language. Not only that you will have to take care of various factors like vocabulary, grammar, etc. It is because it is very important for you to know the basics of the language. If you are using Duolingo for learning a new language it is important for you to know about its Duolingo vocabulary list feature. Further, we have discussed on Duolingo Vocabulary List so that you can easily understand it and how you can find them.
- You can find Duolingo vocabulary lists on the desktop version of Duolingo. But currently, they have removed it from the desktop.
- You can get this vocabulary from two different platforms Anki and Memrise.
- Both platforms will help you to get the vocabulary list of the other Duolingo users who have added it.
- You can also download them and delete the words you do not want.
Further, you must read till the end so that you do not miss any important information related to the Duolingo vocabulary list.
Is there any Vocabulary list on Duolingo?
Yes, there is no doubt that Duolingo has a Vocabulary list of the course that it offers. Earlier it was easy to get the Duolingo vocabulary list through the desktop version. Using the Desktop version of Duolingo is one of the best hacks as there is no heart system on it and you could easily find the vocabulary list. But with time, Duolingo has removed it from the platform just like Duolingo’s perfect lesson boost. However, it does not mean that you can not get the list. Further, we have discussed four major alternative ways by which you can get the Duolingo Vocabulary list. If you have a doubt related to the features of Duolingo you can always contact the customer service of the platform.
What are the 4 ways to find Duolingo list?
Although earlier the Vocabulary list was easily available to you on the desktop version of Duolingo, it was still very confusing and unorganized. You would need to tap on each of the words to get the meaning of the words. The vocabulary list was a major part of Duolingo flashcards (which are also currently removed from Duolingo). However, further, we have discussed some of the ways by which you can get the Duolingo Vocabulary list easily-
Memrise is another language-learning website that helps you to provide flashcards. Language-related courses that cover a range of subjects, including vocabulary from Duolingo courses, can be made and shared by other users. As memrise allows the users to add their decks for different courses, you can easily get Duolingo decks from other users. By using terms associated with the language and Duolingo, you can look for decks specific to the Duolingo learning platform on Memrise. You may also get flashcards for languages that are still not available on Duolingo like Tagalog or Cantonese.
To assist you in learning and reinforcing the vocabulary, these decks might include audio pronunciations, mnemonic devices, and various interactive exercises. Further, you must also remember that it is a game-based platform just like Duolingo. When you complete some Duolingo challenges or leagues, you get to unlock the Duolingo achievements or gems. On memrise, you will earn points when you give the right answers for the words. To get these decks, all you have to do is to click on the course tab and type Duolingo language which you need to get the flashcards for.
2. Using Memrize Scraper
Memrise is a platform that helps you to get the words in the form of Flashcards. However, if you are not interested in looking at flashcards or want to remove the basic words that you have already learned, then you must take the help of Memrize Scraper. Memrize Scraper is the platform that helps you to get the list of the words used in the Duolingo course that you have taken with the help of the URL.
It means that you only need to have the URL of the course which you are studying. So suppose if you want to have the words of the Dutch language, you will have to copy the link of the Dutch memrize course and put it in Scraper.
Once you will do it you will get the whole list of the words in the course with their meaning. You will need to copy the list and paste it into Google Docs as you will have to keep it for yourself. Once you are done with this step you will still find the words and the meanings in an unorganized manner. Thus you must look at the next way to get the words in an organized manner.
3. Organizing the words in Google Sheets
It may seem to look tough to use Google Sheets but we will discuss the steps to get these words in an organized manner easily. Further are the steps that you must follow to get the meaning of the words-
- After copying the words in the Docs, you will need to download the list by going to the files option. When you are downloading the file you must choose the option of plain text (.txt. format).
- Once you are done with it, open a new blank document and go to the files option. When you will go to files, you will see a lot of new options. Tap on the import option and choose the .txt. File that you created earlier.
- When you will be importing the file, you will again get new options like clicking on replace spreadsheets in the import location. Keep the separator type option the same as default and select the import data option.
- Once done you will see the words and the meaning all are copied in one single column. Thus you will need to separate the meanings and the words in different columns.
- To do so you will need to select the whole column and then go to the data option and choose the split text to column option.
- Now you will see the separator tab, where you will need to put the measure for separating the words and meaning.
- When you will tap on it, you will see the custom option, select it and add double space in it and then click on enter.
- When you will do it, you will see that there are two or more columns in between the words or meanings. You will need to delete them. Once they are deleted, you will get the organized manner of the vocabulary list of Duolingo.
Anki is a strong flashcard programme that maximizes learning through spaced repetition. Users have the option of creating custom flashcard sets or importing pre-existing sets. On websites like AnkiWeb or in shared Anki deck repositories, you can look for Anki decks made by Duolingo users. These flashcard sets frequently include already prepared versions of Duolingo course words and phrases, as well as optional extras like images, audio, and example sentences. If you have created a list of the words that you want to learn properly, you can upload that list on Anki as well. When you download the Anki web and created the account you will need to follow the given steps-
- Now you will have to download the list by going to the file option. Now you will choose the Comma-separated file and can easily add the deck on the app.
- All you have to select on import file option and choose the .CSV file that you need to add on the anki.
- When you tap on import, you will be having different options and select the card type you need.
- If you need a two-sided card you can take the basic type. On the other hand, if you want to switch tides, you will have to choose the target field.
In this way, you will get your Duolingo deck available on Anki.
Duolingo is a platform on which you can easily learn new languages. You can choose out of 100 languages and get a lot of grammar, vocabulary, etc. Although you will get a lot of content related to the language, you can get a separate list of vocabulary on the platform. Currently, this vocabulary is not available on the platform but there are a few less well-known ways to locate Duolingo vocabulary lists. It is mainly related to Memrise and Anki.
Both platforms are the ones in which you will be getting a lot of Flashcards and they will work like you are playing a game. Your memrise platform will help you to get Duolingo decks which you can download as well. Further on Anki again you can get those vocabulary lists or add to the deck you received.
Are time limits imposed on Duolingo vocabulary tests?
Each question on Duolingo vocabulary tests typically has a time limit. Depending on the particular test and the platform being used, a different time limit may apply.
Do Duolingo vocabulary tests include a grade?
The system grades the Duolingo vocabulary tests automatically. A score or proficiency level is determined based on the learner’s performance after their answers are compared to the correct ones.