How to Change Your Daily Goal on Duolingo? (Answered)
When you are using Duolingo you need to complete various lessons which will help you to earn various crowns and XP scores. There are many more features and activities that you need to look at like Daily goals. When you are using the platform you will see different challenges in which you will have to meet with daily goals. If you do not know much about it then here we will help you to know what are daily goals and how to change your daily goal on Duolingo.
- Daily goals on Duolingo are nothing but the challenge for each day.
- Your daily goals can be either to earn a particular amount of XP or to study on Duolingo for a particular duration.
- To change these goals you will need to open up the settings and then look for the edit daily goal option.
- How to do that will depend upon whether you are using the app or the desktop version.
However, you must read till the end to know more about daily goals on Duolingo.
What are the daily goals of Duolingo?
The daily goal on Duolingo is nothing but the minimum XP amount that you will have to set to earn each day. In it, you will also have to study for a fixed duration of time which will help you to earn some extra XP. Once you meet the goal, you will earn up the streak score. These Daily goals will also help you to open up the treasure chests that will have a lot of Gems or Lingots. Further, we will help you to understand how to change your daily goal on Duolingo.
How to change your daily goal on Duolingo?
To change your daily goal on Duolingo, the first thing you need to know is whether you want to do it on the app or on the desktop version. Thus we have discussed the steps of changing the daily goals of both of them-
1. Duolingo app
When you open up the app, you will need to tap on the profile icon which is at the bottom of the app. Further, follow the steps given below to change the Daily goals-
- After that, you will need to click on the settings icon that is at the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down the settings until you get to see the edit daily goal option.
- Tap on the edit option and you will see a lot of options of the time duration for which you want to study.
- There will be options starting for 5 min/day which is a casual goal to the intense goal which is 20 min/day.
Select the duration you want to study for and go on with your daily goals.
In total, you will get four different options which are Casual, regular, serious, intense, etc. Each of the sections will give you an additional 10 XP. So if you have taken Casual, regular, serious, and intense durations, they will give you 10XP, 20XP, 30XP, and 40XP. You must try to change the daily goals or set high goals in order to earn higher XP. As you have understood how to change the daily goals Duolingo app, now is the time to change your daily goal on the desktop version.
2. Desktop version
When you use the desktop version it provides you with a lot of various benefits like unlimited heart. To change the daily goals you will need to follow the given steps-
- On the homepage of the Duolingo website, you will need to tap on the more option. It is on the left side of the screen of the desktop.
- Once you tap on it you will see the setting option. Click on it and you will see a lot of other options.
- On the right side of it, you will see the option of editing daily goals. Just tap on it and you will see the current settings of your daily goals.
- On the desktop version, you will also get the Basic daily goal which will allow you to get 1XP. However, you must refrain from doing it due to the obvious reasons.
- Now choose the duration period for which you need to set up your daily goals.
Note: An important point that you must remember is that due to some updates, Duolingo is not allowing you to change the daily goals on the mobile app but you can do it on the desktop version
How can you see your daily goal on the app?
To check your daily goal you will need to follow the steps for changing up the daily goal. When you will click on edit daily goal you will see the current goal you have chosen. You will be getting your streak score when you meet your daily goals.
Why is it important for you to change the daily goals on the Duolingo app?
It is important for you to keep changing your daily goals as it will help you to stay motivated in the language learning journey. Further, when you keep updating your daily goals, it will help you to earn more XP once you complete them. Changing the daily goals also helps in increasing the streak scores. If you are a person who needs more motivation to learn the language, then changing up daily goals on Duolingo is a perfect option for you.
When you are using Duolingo, you will get to see different challenges in which you will need to reset your daily goals. Daily goals on Duolingo are nothing but the amount of XP earned in a particular day or the amount of time taken for studying on Duolingo in a single day. To change your daily goals you will need to go to the settings bar and tap on the edit daily goals options.
When you are doing that you will also see your current daily goal. It is very important to change your daily goals because it will help you achieve higher XP and complete the challenges. Further, when you keep on changing your daily goals it will help you to motivate in achieving your final goal.