KiwiCo Cost, Plans, and Features 2024 (Is KiwiCo Worth It?)
There are many platforms that specifically are made for kids. Some of them might be teaching platforms like Hellokid and others might be fun activity platforms. KiwiCo is one such platform that helps your kids to learn concepts in a fun manner. Each month, KiwiCo sends out a different crate with an appealing theme to help to learn across a wide range of subjects.
- KiwiCo mainly focuses on the subjects that are involved in STEAM.
- They produce crates that will help your kid learn the subjects in a fun manner.
- The cost of the crate depends upon the type of crate you are taking and what subscription you have taken.
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of Kiwiko platform.
What is KiwiCo?
It was established in 2011 by a mother of 3 children and an engineer, Sandra Oh Lin. This platform will help your kids to learn through a technique that will involve all science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM). It is just like classo, stride learning, sky eng, iBest teacher, English ninjas, etc. Every month new activities are introduced on this platform through crates which helps to keep the students more engaged.
KiwiCo is the platform for your kids as it will help them to learn in a more fun and engaging manner. Although the crates are offered for everyone irrespective of age you will mainly find crates for kids till the age of 14 years.
Types of Crates
Following are the different types of crates that you can get on KiwiCo along with their appropriate ages-
- Panda Crate: 0 – 24 months
- Koala Crate: 2- 4 years
- Kiwi Crate: 5 – 8 years
- Atlas Crate: 6 – 11 years
- Yummy Crate: 6 – 14 years
- Tinker Crate: 9 – 16 years
- Doodle Crate: 14- 16 years
- Maker Crate: 14 – 100 years
- Eureka Crate: 14 – 100 years
How much does KiwiCo cost you?
As mentioned earlier there are different crates on this platform. And for each different crate, you will need to pay a different amount. Also, it will depend upon how much duration you are taking up the subscription plan. If you buy a monthly duration it will cost you more than the average of 6 months per month. Following is the list of purchase crates if you buy the subscription plan for 6 months-
- Panda Crate: $17.50/month
- Koala Crate: $18.95/month
- Kiwi Crate: $18.95/month
- Atlas Crate: $18.95/month
- Yummy Crate: $18.95/month
- Doodle Crate: $18.95/month
- Tinker Crate: $18.95/month
- Maker Crate: $27.95/month
- Eureka Crate: $27.95/month
Features of KiwiCo
Following are the features of KiwiCo-
- This platform is best for all types of ages.
- You got to learn different things via DIY learning.
- The signup process is easy on this platform like tutor hunt.
- There are different types of activities and art for the kids.
- It has tools that will help the kids to think outside of the box.
- You will have flexible membership which can be renewed again.
- The kids can learn by getting in-hand experience.
- You will get everything in the crate that you will choose to make your kid extremely ordinary.
What are the benefits of KiwiCo?
Following is the list of benefits that KiwiCo gives to you-
- It will only give you the things that you need to craft your ideas.
- All the crates help your kids to learn in an engaging manner.
- You kids get to enjoy these activities. It will keep them busy and at the same time, they will remain happy.
- Though your kids will enjoy performing new activities, it is a great way to make them learn some of the new concepts.
- The customer support services of this platform are extremely excellent. You will get the answer to your queries and will help you with all the problems related to their services.
What are the drawbacks of KiwiCo?
Following are the drawbacks of the KiwiCo-
- To use this platform you will need to purchase the subscription plan first.
- They are much costlier if you buy one monthly subscription plan. However, if you are buying the 6-month plan, then it might cost you very less.
- Different parents have reviewed that the material that you get in each cater can be found in local shops easily and that too at low cost.
Is KiwiCo worth it?
By analyzing the pros and cons, it can be said that buying crates from KiwiCo is only worth it if you are not having much time to buy things from local shops. This is a fun way of getting your kids to learn new things and you must encourage them to use it.
But the problem here is the amount that you are paying for purchasing the crates from them. All the items that you get in one crate can be found easily in local shops. The only thing is that you will need to give yourself time to find out the items. Thus if you are ready to spend some time finding out the items, there is no fun in purchasing the crates from them.
How will you be canceling the subscription plan of KiwiCo?
Before knowing the cancellation policy, you must know that whichever plan you choose, you will have to pay the full amount in advance. This means if you are purchasing a six-month subscription, then you will be paying the full amount of 6 month subscription in advance.
Though you can cancel the subscription plan once after the maturity period of your plan is over. This means that you can cancel the subscription after 6 months. Though if you have taken the monthly subscription you can cancel it at any time.
KiwiCo is a platform that helps your kids to learn important educational concepts in a fun manner. They produce crates that help your kids to develop their creative knowledge. It involves techniques that are related to STEAM. KiwiCo makes these crates for each level kid. Though one thing is that the cost they use for purchasing the crates is much higher. All the material that they give can be brought from the local shops though you only need to give time for searching the elements.