No wonder which country you are in, speaking up in English has become a need for every one of us. There are a lot of online ESL platforms that help to communicate in English. Some of them are VIPKids, learnship, bedakid, and Accent advisors. Accent advisors hire experienced teachers from the USA and Canada to improve the adult learner’s American accent.
- You will be getting paid $15 to 25 per hour if you are hired by the platform.
- You need to have a degree or a certification.
- You should be passionate about your work as they have to work 15+ hours a week.
- You must have knowledge about the accent of America to pass the interview process.
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of Accenty Advisor.
Accent advisor review
The average rating given to the send advisor page is 4.2 out of 5 of which 72% are their recommended friends. As the teachers who were not hired by the company gave some negative reviews about the accent advisor. The majority of reviews have a maximum score of 5 stars.
Is an accent advisor Worth it?
The rating given to the accepted advisor is 4.2 out of 5. Basically, an accent advisor is mainly helpful for students who already have fluent English. They need only an accent advisor to neutralize their foreign accent. Here the student learns about their mouth movement and is able to explain the muscle mechanism behind pronunciation. You may also get information about various short courses that may be only 2 weeks long.
If you do not get the knowledge about the mechanism behind this speech of pronunciation then you will have a bad interview. But if you have got all the Expertise and enjoy the technical type of teaching then you will be hired. However, if you are a student you must try to remember the tips for virtual learning before getting live on the platform.
What are the pros and cons of an accent advisor?
- The accent advisor receives positive reviews from the employees.
- The teacher does not need to have both, they just need only to have a degree or a teaching vocal certification.
- If the teacher cancels the class at the last minute or is late in the class or there is a technical issue, no penalties are deducted.
- Teachers are being paid for preparation and evaluation time.
- The teacher can apply for a native speaker who is a North American.
- For teaching as an accent advisor, the teacher had to pass three tough interviews.
- You should have proper knowledge of vocal mechanics.
- The accent advisor company is very selective to hire a teacher.
- The teacher has to work for at least a minimum of 15 hours a week.
- You should work passionately and should stay active and maintain student interest in the class and make new student enrollment for the class.
How much does an accent advisor pay?
The starting salary of an accent advisor given by the accent advisor company is $15 per hour. If the teacher completes 500 hours there is an increase of $1. The teachers are also being paid for preparation and evolution time for the class and no penalties are deducted when the teacher takes time off or cancels the class before the class is to begin or if there is any technical difficulty.
What is the action advisor’s working hour?
The teacher works as an advisor on accent advisor from 7:00 a.m. to midnight but the accent advisor classes are being available 24/7. The teachers who are the accent advisor have to work for a minimum of 15 hours a week and the maximum they work is 40 hours.
What are the requirements for an accent advisor?
The following are the requirement for being a teacher in accent advisor are:
- The native speaker working in Accenture visor must be a North American.
- The teacher working as an accent advisor should have the quality to teach the American accent.
- The teacher should have at least 2 years of Accent pronunciation teaching experience.
- You should have at least one of the following degrees.
- A bachelor’s degree in English.
- Pronunciation or vocal-related degree. The teacher should have skype for video calls which should be connected with a strong internet connection just like varsity or SplashLearn.
What is the application process for an accent advisor?
The following is the application process for an accent advisor.
- To hire a new teacher as an accent advisor the total process takes around 4 weeks to complete.
- You have to undergo three tricky interviews as the accent advisor team is so selective to choose the candidate.
- To apply for an accent advisor job you have to go to the page of Accent advisor career.
- When the pages open click on applies no button at the bottom of the page.
- There you have to register your name, email address, and password before the application form is going to be filled out.
The following is the information that is asked for in the online application form:
- Level work experience
- Current location
- Fluent in which language
- Teaching certificate
- What to prefer online or face-to-face teaching
- For how many are your available per week to work for an accent advisor
- From where did you hear about accent advisor
- Upload Resume
- Upload teaching certificate
As the teacher should have proper knowledge of vocal mechanics and is able to teach the student about the pronunciation of the American language. The pay given to the teacher per hour is about $15 to $25. The native and non-native speakers for an accent advisor are only accepted who are from US and Canada. a degree or diploma certificate is not required. There is only an adult student in the class to learn pronunciation properly. The minimum that the teacher had to teach per week is 15 hours.
Is it hard to get hired as an accent advisor?
As per the reviews of the employee’s interview experience, it is rated about 67% positive and the difficulty score given is 3.7 out of 5.