Duolingo For Kids: Everything Covered in 2024
Learning a new language is very important in the present world. However, learning a new language is an important skill and you must try to involve it in your kids. Duolingo is one such platform that has been playing a major role in helping people to learn the language. Of course, it is a platform that helps the adults to learn a new language. But what if I tell you that Duolingo also has a kids version? Yes, you hear it right, you can also use Duolingo for kids. Further, we will help you to know more Duolingo kids app.
- Duolingo for kids or DuolingoABC is a reading app that aims to teach kids to love reading English as well as other languages.
- There are over 700 interactive reading sessions that involve exercises like tracing, drag-and-drop, etc.
- Similarly to Duolingo, it is a platform that offers free services to kids.
- Duolingo ABC or Duolingo for Kids is an app that is designed for kids who are the age of 3 and up.
- Following are the five different components that are looked after by the platform-
2. Phonemic awareness
3. Reading comprehension
However, you must read till the end so that you can easily understand about Duolingo for Kids app.
What is Duolingo for Kids?
Duolingo is a popular language learning platform that provides you with various language courses. On this platform learners from different parts of the world come together to learn a new language. Although it is a great platform for language learners, it has its special version for children which is known as Duolingo for Kids or Duolingo ABC. Duolingo ABC is a reading app that aims to teach kids to love reading English as well as other languages. It means the prime aim of this platform is to teach your kids the English language.
However, it does not mean that your kid can not learn other languages from this platform. There are over 700 interactive reading sessions that involve exercises like tracing, drag-and-drop, etc. All the lessons on this platform are just 5 minutes duration so that you can keep the kid’s attention on the lessons and maintain the motivation for completing them. On this platform, your kids will be working on 5 different components which include phonics, reading comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, and phonics awareness.
What are the languages available on the Duolingo Kids app?
Following are some of the languages available on the Duolingo Kids app-
What is the cost of Duolingo ABC?
Duolingo ABC is an app that focuses on the reading skills of kids aged 3-6 years. Similarly to Duolingo, it is a platform that offers free services to kids. Unlike Super Duolingo membership, there is no such subscription on this platform. Duolingo ABC is a platform that you can use to teach your kids how to read English and other languages freely.
Is Duolingo ABC safe for kids?
Duolingo ABC or Duolingo for Kids is an app that is designed for kids who are the age of 3 and up. This app is specially designed for the kids so that they can grasp the concepts. An important point that you must remember is that this platform has a lot of family-friendly ads. According to the official website of this platform, Duolingo kids take the responsibility for your safety seriously.
It means that Duolingo ABC is a safe platform for the kids. However, it is always recommended to supervise them while they are using the app. It is not because there is less safety but supervising them will help them to use the platform properly. Further, we have discussed the benefits and drawbacks of Duolingo for kids.
What are the benefits of DuolingoABC?
Following are the benefits of using the duolingoABC platform-
- Intended to make a new language easy and enjoyable.
- The app is simple to use and manage.
- With easy lessons, children can progress at their own speed.
- The gamified lessons provide instant feedback and incentives.
- It will help to combine instructional strategies which are supported by study.
- Learning can happen anywhere, at any time.
- As a parent, you can keep an eye on their development and promote regular learning for your kids.
- You access this app on both – Android and iOS devices.
What are the drawbacks of DuolingoABC?
Following are the drawbacks of using the duolingoABC platform-
- There are no live lessons available on the platform.
- It will primarily encourage improving reading fluency above speaking and writing skills.
- Some people say that the strong gaming components could hinder long-term memory. It means that it can divert attention from the real language learning process.
- There is the absence of personalisation which means that the method may not address each student’s unique learning needs.
How does DuolingoABC teach your kids?
DuolingoABC is a platform that follows a specific approach to help the kids understand how to read and enjoy the lessons. The lessons on this platform are built on the scientific method which includes playful lessons. Following are the techniques that are included in the lessons to make the reading more fun and use delightful content-
- The lessons on this platform will help you to learn different skills.
- Your kids can play and learn the lessons on their own.
- The lessons are very short which helps in maintaining the focus of the children.
- It follows the gamified approach that helps in keeping the kids more engaged.
In addition to that, as we discussed above the lessons majorly focus on 5 different components which are discussed below-
The platform uses systematic phonics instruction that helps to teach your child the sounds of the letters and other spelling patterns.
2. Phonemic awareness
This platform also helps your kids to recognize individual sounds by including activities like rhyming, identifying specific sounds, etc.
3. Reading comprehension
Aaj to major focus of this platform is to make reading fun, your kids will be engaging with questions with stories so that it encourages active reading. To do so activities like predicting stories are used on the platform.
DuolingoABC is also designed to build up fluency so that your kids can read and speak with proper speed and accuracy. To make it happen the platform includes activities like reading along with the story narrator is useful.
This platform also helps in increasing vocabulary which is used in interactive stories and also helps your kids to identify meaningful prefixes and suffixes.
How can you manage and monitor your kid’s Duolingo usage?
To monitor your children’s activity on this platform it is important to maintain good practices and use different tools that provide support for you. Following are the ways that you should include so that you can monitor them-
- The first thing you will need to do is to create an account on the Duolingo Kids app and manage their progress with the help of the parent dashboard.
- Try to tell your kids the importance of online safety and the different risks associated with it.
- There is a tracking feature on the platform that can help you to monitor your child’s progress.
- Try setting up specific goals and targets that your kids need to achieve.
- Try to use third-party tools such as parental control apps that can help monitor your child’s online activity on various platforms like Duolingo Kids.
Not sure about how can you use parental control to protect your kids? Further, I will help you to understand how can you use the various parental control apps to protect your kids.
How can you use the parental control app to protect your kids?
There are different parental control apps that you can use to protect your child like- the Kids360 app, safes parental control app, etc. Such control apps provide you with features like smart schedules and screen time. These features allow you to control the amount of time your kids will spend on apps like Duolingo Kids. You can also set daily or weekly limits for each of them and can also receive alerts if your kid or the child exceeds the limited time. With the help of these tools, you can also help you to use app blockers that can block the apps that are harmful to you.
Duolingo for kids or DuolingoABC, teaches children to enjoy reading in both English and other languages. More than 700 interactive reading sessions with activities like drag-and-drop, tracing, and more are available. This platform provides kids with free services, similar to Duolingo. The kids of the age group on this platform started from 3 years and above. The major focus of this platform is to teach the students with fun activities. The major five components on which the platform focuses are phonics, reading comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, and phonics awareness.
What is a good age for DuolingoABC?
DuolingoABC is a platform that helps your kids to learn the reading of a new language. This app is specifically designed for kids who are from age 3 and above.
Is Duolingo kids different from adults?
Yes, Duolingo Kids is a different app from the adult version which is simply known as Duolingo. On the simple platform, you get different features that help adults to learn the language easily. On the other hand, Duolingo ABC helps to develop the reading skills in the kids.