GPA is the grade that you get by averaging the grades you have received so far. It is an important factor in the selection of the institution you are applying to. Thus it is important to get a higher GPA as it will help you to stand with other competitors. However, it does not mean that you will need to get all As to get into a good institution. Suppose you have taken 6 courses, 4 As and 2 Bs can also help you in getting admission in it. Thus here we will discuss more about 4 As and 2 Bs GPA.
1. Have a healthy diet
- If your final GPA is calculated on the basis of an unweighted GPA then it will be 3.66.
- If the final GPA is calculated on the basis of weighted GPA, it will vary with the subjects you have taken.
- You can also get into Harvard University with 2 Bs if you have taken honour or AP courses.
- You must always focus on getting more As and less Bs by following the steps-
2. Make a timetable
3. Take breaks
4. Help from the professors
5. Take notes
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of what your GPA will be 4 As and 2 Bs.
What is a 4 As and 2 Bs GPA?
The final GPA will vary with the number of subjects you are studying and which subject you get a B. All the grades have their own point value which we have mentioned below-
- A – 4
- B – 3
- C – 2
- D – 1
- F – 0
Now suppose you are studying 6 subjects your final GPA will be calculated with 4 As and 2 Bs, you should calculate it as follows-
- Multiply the point value of the grade with the number of subjects you get that score separately i.e. (4*4 = 16) and (2*3 = 6).
- Add both the values and divide them by the number of classes taken i.e. (16 + 6)/6 = 3.66.
Remember that this calculation is based on the standard unweighted GPA system. Now if you want to calculate the science GPA on the basis of a weighted GPA system then you will first need to know what is the point value against the grades you have scored. Thus further we have discussed the GPA for 4As and 2 Bs according to the weighted GPA.
What is a 4 As and 2 Bs GPA according to the weighted GPA?
The highest score that you will be getting on the basis of the weighted GPA system will depend upon whether you have taken the honour course or the AP course. Further table will help you to know the point value of the grades you have received-
|Letter Grade||Honor Course||AP Course|
Now you will need to know if you have scored a B grade in the regular course or in the honor or the AP course. Suppose you have taken an honour course and you received a b grade in it or not. So let us again take an example in which you might get a B in 1 honour course, a B in 1 regular course and all As in a regular course.
- In this your total grade value will be (4*4 = 16) + (3.5*1 = 3.5) + (3*1= 3) which is equal to 22.5.
- The next step is to divide the total value by the total courses taken i.e. 22.5 /6 = 3.75.
Can you get a grade above 4.0 with 2Bs?
However, it is possible to get a grade above 4.0 if the grading system is based on the weighted GPA method. It means that it will value the subjects that are hard like honor courses or the AP courses. It is possible that you might get a grade above 4.0 GPA depending upon the type of subject you are taking and how many subjects you have taken. Suppose you have again taken 6 subjects out of which you get a B grade for the 2 regular courses and get an A for 4 AP courses. Then you can get a GPA above 4.0 GPA.
How many As and Bs is a 3.5?
How many As and Bs will make a total 3.5 GPA will depend upon how many subjects you are taking and which subjects are they. Suppose you have taken 7 courses and have scored 4 As and three Bs when calculated on an unweighted GPA system then you will be getting a 3.5 GPA. On the other hand, it may be different for the unweighted GPA.
Can you get into Harvard with 2 B’s?
Usually, it is believed that to get into Harvard University you will need to get more As and no B. However this is not true as you can still get into the university with the 2Bs. Of course, it will be hard for you to enter but is not impossible. Try to maintain your weighted GPA as high as you can. Try to score all the other grades A as it will help you to keep your GPA higher.
Also if your GPA is low or you have received 2 Bs, then you must try to make your application stronger with the help of other supporting documents like a personal statement, a letter of recommendation, or having a higher SAT or ACT score.
How to get more As and fewer Bs?
Further are the tricks that will help you to get more As and less Bs–
- As a student, it is important to have a healthy diet as it helps you to stay fit and study hard. It also helps you not to miss the exam and attend all the classes.
- Try to make a timetable and follow it regularly. Keep more time for the topics you find hard as it will help you to understand them properly.
- Don’t miss the breaks as having breaks make sure to refresh your mind. When you do not refresh your mind, all the things you have studied will get puzzled.
- If you want, get help from the professors during the office hours. You can also hire private tutors that will help you to learn the subject properly.
- Don’t forget to take notes in the classroom. It is because it will help you to remember the content easily.
The total GPA that you will be getting with four As and two Bs will be 3.66 depending upon the unweighted GPA system. However, if you have taken an honour or AP course then it may be different if your GPA is calculated on the weighted GPA system. This is because a weighted GPA values the subjects that are hard in nature. Further, if you have scored two Bs, you can still get a GPA above 4.0, if it is calculated on the basis of a weighted GPA. Also, you can get into Harvard University with 2 Bs if you have strong applications and have honours or AP courses.