What Happens if You Don’t Stay in Education Until You’re 18?
You must complete your education first and then complete other things in it. Even the government has also made it compulsory to complete your education. However, still, many of you may be confused about what are the consequences if you do not complete your education until you’re 18.
- You must remember that legally you can’t leave the education till you turn 18.
- If you are looking for a job, you will not get a full-time job till you are 18.
- There are people who think that they will get fine if they don’t stay in education, but this is not true. There are no strict rules for it.
However, you must read till the end so that you do not miss any of the information regarding it.
What is the legal age for leaving the education?
According to the law, you can leave school on the last Friday of June if you will be 16 at the end of the summer vacation. Though you must not get confused between the legal age of leaving the education. The legal age of leaving education is 18. This means that you must be in some kind of education till it. You will also not get any full-time job opportunities till that. However, you can find various part-time jobs for yourself.
What happens if you don’t stay in education until you’re 18?
As discussed you will not get a full-time job till you will be turned into 18. The fun fact that you must consider is the government will not fine you if you did not stay in education. Obviously, you will be worried about getting fined as you may be breaking the law by leaving the education by 18. However, the government definitely encourages them to stay in education.
You can choose to stay in education in many different ways. You can take up vocational BTECs, take up apprenticeships, etc. Many students do regret dropping out the school. Therefore try to consider all the options for yourself before deciding to drop it or calling it a scam.
Can you leave education as soon as you turn 18?
Yes, it is technically allowed to leave education as soon as you turn 18. Once you are 18 you no longer need to be in education. However, you must make sure that you are leaving education once you have turned 18. It is your choice to stay in education and pursue higher studies after you turn 18.
Can you leave education before 18 for getting a job?
Everyone needs financial stability in their life. Thus it is important to have the right job in order to be financially independent. Though, if you are thinking to quit your education before 18 and would get a full-time job it is not possible. It is illegal to get a full-time job before you turn 18. However, if you really need financial help you can choose for taking part-time jobs.
There are a lot of options that you can find for getting a part-time job. Jobs like becoming a babysitter, walking a dog, working in a cafe, starting working for a family member, etc can be done by you if you are 13. You must know that these jobs will pay you a limited amount of money. However, you can take help from them to reduce your financial burden.
What are the benefits of staying in education?
Usually, the main advantage of staying in education is to get good job offers. This means that your earning potential is much higher than those who live educationally. A higher level of education is maybe beneficial to you in understanding different factors by which you can improve the economy. Another factor that you may consider is that you will only get a full-time job once you turn 18. Leaving education earlier may also affect negatively the economy for the job market.
What are your options after GCSEs?
Many students do not want to continue their education due to the fare of taking levels. Therefore most of them decide to leave after GCSE. However, there are several other options available that can be taken after GCSE. You can do BTECs, IB diplomas, traineeships, etc. In addition to it, you can also work as a volunteer or take up a part-time job. When you decide which one you want to choose you must make sure that you have all the related information about it. If you are still confused about it, the best way is to talk to someone home you can trust.
Why you may want to leave education before 18?
Following are the reason why you may want to drop out the education –
- One of the most common reasons why you may want to drop out of education is that you may have fewer financial resources. This means that you may not be able to afford the tuition.
- You may not be able to make communication with the other students or with your teachers properly. This may be a possible reason for you to drop out the education.
- The next common reason why you made drop out of education is that you may find it difficult to cope with the course curriculum. Although you can look for the alternatives like BTECs to help yourself.
- Sometimes you may not notice but you have got into bad influence. There is a high chance that you may have been involved in alcohol or drugs. If this is the case you must talk to someone who is elder than you.
- There may be some family issues due to which you may not be able to focus on your studies. One of the most common family reasons that affect the education of children is parent separation.
Staying in education till you are 18 in the UK is legally necessary for the UK. You will need to be in education in one or another way. Though you may not want to be in education due to various reasons like family or financial issues. If you need to drop out of education generally there will not be any strict action by the government. However, the government will encourage you not to leave the education till you are 18. It will help you to get good job opportunities in the future.