Restoring the Skills on Duolingo (What You Need to Know About it)
Duolingo has been a great platform to learn a new language. It is a hub of several languages where a language learner can be perfect in the chosen language. You may also have been using Duolingo for the past few months and maybe a fan of it. However, still there may be some features that you are not aware of like restoring the skills on Duolingo. Thus here we will help you to know more about the process and why is it important.
- After receiving five crowns in a single skill you will see the skill turning gold. But after some time it starts breaking up and you need to restore the skill again.
- For restoring you will need to practice it again.
- Restoring the skill is important as it is very natural to forget the things you have learned after some time.
- An important update is that presently Duolingo do not provide you with the option of restoring the skill. Instead of it, you will need to take up the legendary levels.
However, you must read till the end so that you get a better understanding of how to restore a skill on Duolingo.
What is restoring the skills on Duolingo?
When you receive the 5 crowns in a particular skill you will see that the skill turns out to be gold. But after a few times, you will see that soon after it turns gold it will start breaking down. Once it starts breaking up you will see the option of restoring it. Thus restoring will help to practice again and get the gold back. You must also remember that only three skills are broken at a particular time. You will need to restore them one by one. Further, we will help you to know how to do that and what is the importance of restoring the skill.
- Important note: At present, you no longer need to restore the skill as you now need to review the lesson or complete the legendary levels.
How to restore a skill on Duolingo?
Following all the steps to restore a skill on Duolingo –
- When you want to restore the skill on Duolingo you will need to click on the skill.
- Once you click on it you will see the practice option, tap on it.
- Then you will start practicing the skill you will get 10 XP for it. Not only this you will see that the scale is turning back into gold.
- An important point you must remember is that after some time it will start again breaking down and you need to again restore it by following the above steps.
Why is it important to restore a skill?
Naturally, you will start forgetting things after a certain period of time and therefore you need to practice them again and again. The app has a set certain period of time after which the skill will start breaking up. After that, you will have to practice again to restore that which will help you to remember the skill easily. The process is known as spaced repetition which helps you to practice something again and again. This is a method which is proven to make the learners remember the school they are practising. To make sure that you do not forget the words you have learned so far, you can also check various Duolingo alternatives.
What will happen if you are not able to restore a skill on Duolingo?
It is not important to restore your skills every time on Duolingo. If you have a strong understanding or knowledge of language you must not be bothered about restoring it. Of course when you know something, practicing it will be a waste of time. Instead of wasting time on skills you already know try to focus more on the hard skills. If you want to on XP faster then restoring a skill each day is the best possible method. However, make sure that you are not making it a habit as it will distract you from your actual language learning goal. When you practice the old skill it also helps you to restore a lost heart.
When you receive five crowns in a particular skill, you will see it turning gold. After a specific period of time, it will again start breaking down. It is a time when you need to restore the skill by practising it again and again. The reason why you should restore a skill is that after some time it is very natural that you forget the things you have learned so far.
When you restore the skills, you will practice them more which will help you to remember things easier. It is not necessary that you will need to restore the skill when it breaks down. An important point that you must remember is that presently you do not need to restore the skill but complete the legendary levels.
What happens when a skill breaks in Duolingo?
When a skill breaks in Duolingo, you will need to restore it by practising it again and again. However presently when you are at Crown 6, you will be getting a choice to upgrade to the legendary level.
Is it necessary to restore the skill on Duolingo?
When a skill is broken down you will get the option for restoring it. However, it is not necessary to restore it. The only reason behind it is to make you practice the skills that you have learned so far.