How many pages is a Research Paper? – Optimal Paper length
A research paper is a series of papers that is going to be published. The content is written by you after exploring the different views, and facts about the topic from different sources like books, articles, and interviews using this information and interpreting them in your own words. It is mainly the concept of the view of you, other writers, and the audience. But it is important to know how many pages is a Research Paper and what is the optimal length for a Research Paper.
- The optimal length of the research paper is considered to be 5-7 pages.
- It is generally around 4000-6000 words in a paper.
- The length of the paper depends mainly upon the topic given. Further, it also depends upon other factors like the number of paragraphs in the paper.
However, you must read till the end so that you do not miss any important facts related to the number of pages in the research paper.
HHow many pages is a Research Paper? -Optimal paper length:
The optimal length of the research paper is considered to be 5-7 pages consisting of two paragraphs on each page of the research paper. The maximum number of words of the research is considered between 4000-6000 words. Also, the length of the research paper depends on various factors such as the topic of the research, the type of the paper used, and the exception of the professor. The maximum number of words used for a short paper is 2000 words and for a long paper is 10000 words. Including a definition paragraph will also help you to describe the topic. You must take care of the length even when you are writing a comic research paper.
How to write a research paper?
- Before starting to write a research paper the student should read all the guidelines that are required for the research paper such as the length of the paper, formatting, and citing style should be used. Must read what should be there and what not to write in the research paper.
- If the option for choosing the topic is available for the student, try to choose the topic that will provide enough content and data and have less complexity in the research paper. The paper should cover all the relevant information about the topic. the student should try to choose the topic in which he/she is personally interested.
- After getting the tips for the research paper, gather all the necessary information. You can take the help of Academia.edu to get the required education. refine the topics and prepare notes. you use the sources of getting the information online or from the library. Make sure that the sources used online are from science journals or academic papers. If you find any sources that are useful for the research, keep them aside for later reviewing thoroughly instead of wasting the time on the source that you ultimately won’t use.
- Write down the main idea of the topic that you are going to use in the research paper. The thesis statement will help you to summarize all your research paper is about. In case of having an issue with how to start or what to write, try to question yourself about the topic and then answer it.
- Try to write the relevant information only and not add unnecessary context or data. Always write page no, at the end of the research paper which is useful for you to find the information later and can be used for citation.
- Always write the outline of the research paper by making a list of the topics and subtopics and categorizing them. It helps you to write the relevant paragraph next. Als o includes supporting evidence in the outline. As there is more to write in a research paper by making an outline you will not forget or leave out any topic.
- After writing the outline of the research paper. Start to write the draft of the research paper as the above step if followed properly is easy to write without any confusion. the research paper paragraph should be connected to the next paragraph not write an irrelevant paragraph. After writing the body of the draft the conclusion is to be written there containing the summary of the research paper.
- Try to use plagiarism tools like Turnitin before submitting the research paper to avoid copying content in the assignment.
- Validation of the information or data written by you from different sources is done by citing your source. The citation of the sources is done by following a set of rules. as per the academic research paper, the formatting follows 2 styles for citing.
- MLA: modern language association
- APA: American psychological association
In the early stage, you will feel it tough to cite the source by following a certain set of rules but later on, you will be used to it and you don’t have to think before citing the source.
Factors Determining the Length of Research Paper:
- The length of the research paper mainly depends on the topic of the research. As if the subject of the research paper is simply the length of the research paper will also not be so lengthy. However, for the complex subject to be written the student must have deep knowledge about the subject so that they can write about the subject.
- The number of paragraphs the research paper has.
- Writing a research paper outlining is important to do and if there emerge any subtopic related to the subject should be properly explained it increases the length of the research paper and if not the length of the paper will not be so long.
- The complexity of the subject makes the length of the research paper and the subtopic is to be also explained properly thus increasing the length of a research paper.
- More research on the subject will vary the length of the research paper for clearing the thoughts of the audience about the subject. The student should try to organize all the research made by synchronizing the topic and their subtopic.
- The stretching of the thoughts of the writer and making the point clear to the audience. Giving and explaining all the facts about the subject will make the length of the research paper longer.
After writing the research paper, reading it out loud or giving it to someone to read will make you highlight the mistakes in the research paper and let you know the place where you have to improve. The length of the research paper varies on various factors and the subject to be written about. But the content written in the research paper should be relevant to the subject, and the paragraph should be linked to the topic only.