It happened. I finally got a weed wacker. A very good friend of mine, couldn’t take the weeding any longer, and gifted/donated/life-savored me a brand new weed wacker.
I charged the battery, watched a couple YouTube videos (so I didn’t completely screw up), and went out to see how it would work. Besides my forearms being a bit tired, that thing is magical! The amount of time spent out there today (minimal, because the battery didn’t last as long as I would have hoped), and the amount of work completed, was vastly different from all the times before using the manual tools. I mean, I kind of knew that was going to be the result, but it was shocking nonetheless.
Here is a quick BEFORE short to remember the unruliness:
The pile of weeds that needs to go continues to grow.
The rest of the week will be devoted to shortening and weeds to the length that I think is comfortable to run a classroom in. Next week, I will work on getting those stumps from one end of the track/soccer field to the other.